Bottling Day Disaster?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsimo33

Reaction score
I bottled my most recent batch last night. Everything was going smoothly until I transferred from the fermenter to the the bottling bucket. Transfer went great but when I set the bottling bucket on the counter to start bottling, I noticed I had a pretty good leak coming from the spigot. I had not tightened the nut on the inside enough and it was leaking. So I sanitized my hand and arm and reached in to tighten the nut and proceeded to bottle. I really do not want to throw a whole batch away so I will will give it time to carbonate and see what I have. Anyone else have issues similar to mine and how did the beer turn out?

I had that very same thing happen on one batch...and I cured it the very same way: sanitized my hand and arm, reached in and tightened the nut. And had absolutely NO problems with the batch bottle-carbing. So, you should be good to go! Oh...and Merry Christmas!

glenn514:mug:

You sanitized, you beer was already fermented....your probably fine. I had something similar happen once. I had forgotten to tighten the clamp on my hose to my homemade beer gun and the head flew out. while the keg was under pressure. I managed to vent the pressure out of the keg and stop the flow but not before being silhouetted against the wall in beer.

Back