dfh 120

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hxcpunk71

Reaction score
I was thinking about cultivating yeast from a dfh 120 and was wondering if anyone knows qhat yeast they use for this particular beer? Thanks!

Probably not a good idea as the yeast is extremely stressed at this point and mostly dead after all DFH 120 is 20% And that will kill most everything

is it bottle carbonated? I would be surprised if it was. but like said above that yeast is stressed out super hard.

I would assume that for the initial fermentation they would use a clean ale yeast then pitch the hard hitting high alcohol yeast when things get more intense.

Thanks for the help! I just figured it was bottle conditioned becausee of the 1/4 in thick layer of yeast on the bottom of the bottle :cross:

If you want to brew it, if you have beersmith you can add-on the CYBI clone recipie from the Brewing network. They pitched it initially with a 2L starter of WLP001 (Cali Ale) and followed that at high krausen with another 2 L starter of WLP099(high gravity) at the same time they add the sugar.

Don't know how DFH does it.

Latest posts

Back