Hand pump for cleaning beer lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrome_burner_420

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a make it yourself hand pump for cleaning beer lines..
thanks for your answers in advance.

From another thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=33533

EdWort said:
A real easy way to clean your beer line is to use MLF fittings on your beer lines. That way you can take them off to clean and soak. In the mean time, screw on a Grey gas in connector. Then you take a 2 liter pop bottle and fill it 2/3 with BLC and put on a carbonator cap. squeeze the rest of the air out, then charge it with 20 # of CO2. Connect the grey gas line (now connected to your beer line), turn the bottle upside down, pull the tap and the BLC will start to flow.

Beats tying up a corny to do the same thing, plus it makes your clean your black beer out ball lock connectors.

i was thinking of making it out of some sort of squirt bottle.. the soda bottle might work for me.. but i am accident prone and i would probably blow off a few fingers lol. i just have a converted fridge ran a 1/2 bbl through it but dont want to pay $50 for a little plastic jar and pump when i could make it.

I've been thinking about using one of these:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXB887&P=0
You might be able to find it at your local hobby shop.
It's a peristaltic pump, so there is no mechanism touching the fluid. The fluid only contacts the ID of the hose. If you're clever, you can make a closed loop system and circulate the cleaning solution.

what about like a windex bottle (or something of the like).. like everyone tells me keep it simple.. also thanks for the fast replies and suggestions.

I always have a spare keg not being used. When I want to clean up my lines, I add BLC to the keg, pressurize and systematically put each of my faucet lines on the keg. and pump a bit in and let it sit in the lines for 2 hours. Then put some hot water in the keg and do it again to rinse.

Bobby_M said:
I always have a spare keg not being used. When I want to clean up my lines, I add BLC to the keg, pressurize and systematically put each of my faucet lines on the keg. and pump a bit in and let it sit in the lines for 2 hours. Then put some hot water in the keg and do it again to rinse.

Are you sanitizing the lines after the rinse ?

Latest posts

Back