fold up brewstand vs hidden brew stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slakwhere

Reaction score
so i'm looking to build a single tier stand for All Grain, but i don't really have the dedicated space to store something that large. i'm toying with the idea of going collapsible, but haven't seen any threads on this. does anyone know if it's been done (well) before? plans? examples? reasons not to go down this road?

if i can't get a suitable design for something collapsible it's going to have to "transform" into an outdoor patio table or something so we can drink homebrew on it :mug:

My vote is for hidden(if you have the room) mainly because if you run collapsable, you're still going to have to come up with storage for everything.

I always thought it would be great to build an outdoor bench with a removable or hinged seat to hide the burners/pumps. Wouldn't be too hard to design somethign like that.

My vote is for hidden(if you have the room) mainly because if you run collapsable, you're still going to have to come up with storage for everything.

yeah, hidden under a table means i can put the keggles and everything underneath...

Let me know what you decide upon, when it is completed I will drive by and check it out. I am planning on building something this winter.

single tier + table top seems like a winner...

That's the route I'm planning for my new rig. Going electric though so I can brew year round in the comfort of my basement as opposed to outside in -20º. I'd like to store it under the bar but that space is reserved for a couple of chest freezers for a keezer and fermentation. Will just need to build a nice cabinet that I can roll it in and out of.

that's a cool little stand for portability... but i kind of like the idea of single tier over a 3 tier system.

I went the fold up route. There just wasn't enough room at my place for a more permanent solution.

photo-1.jpg

FamilyBrewday2009.jpg

Back