Kegged question (w/ beer in it)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADS197

Reaction score
I recently took a mini keg to a party and even though I left it there for them to finish. A friend brough it back to me the next day and there is still some in the keg. It went from being chilled old school style, in a plastic tub filled with ice and back to being room temperature after the party.

They didn't know to change the co2 cartridge on the portable dispenser.

Is that beer still good?

I've done nothing but remove the tap and the co2 charger and sit it on the pile of beer in my spare room.

Might have to finish it this weekend so I can keg my Nut brown before I move to my new apt. This way I only have the Scotch Ale to worry about moving (in the fermenter).

warm beer re-chilled? Yeah its still drinkable... won't be as tastie as it was before though. But I wouldn't throw it away...

question though. I'm interested in those mini kegs. Where do you mount the Co2 cartriges ? and how long do they take to force carbonate and such ? how many gallons are they ?

I natural carb them (the ones I have are 2.5g cornies) and then use ball lock connectors with a threaded end on the gas side and a picnic tap on the bev side.

They sell the kits online at most homebrew sites.

warm beer re-chilled? Yeah its still drinkable... won't be as tastie as it was before though. But I wouldn't throw it away...

Hmm, I always thought this was a totally false urban myth (still do). As long as by 'warm' you mean not over 80, I don't believe it matters how many times you warm and chill it.

Now, if it goes much over 80, it's gonna get bad no matter what.

Back