Brew-Age, web tv series on homebrewing culture in SF Bay Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iandh

Reaction score
(Full disclosure: We were filmed for the first episode)

brew-age.com

We were lucky enough to be included in the first episode of Brew-Age, a web tv series about beer/homebrew culture in SF Bay Area. From what I hear, this is first of several episodes lined up and will be released soon. Elizabeth Street Homebrewery is going to be featured in the next one. He has an awesome pub in his garage that one of the TLC remodeling shows made several years ago.
[ame]http://vimeo.com/58279231[/ame]

The folks who filmed this have ties to Magnolia Pub, and also filmed Small Batch:Big Thirst (a pro/homebrew festival in SF).
[ame]http://vimeo.com/39440122[/ame]

Its pretty weird seeing yourself on film, but I'm really happy to see the project happening.

What do you guys think?

It has very nice production quality, but I felt like I was watching somebodies video diary and got tired. Anyhow it looked like you all were having fun so that's always good!

It has very nice production quality, but I felt like I was watching somebodies video diary and got tired. Anyhow it looked like you all were having fun so that's always good!

Definitely some good feedback, which I'll relay to the filmmakers. Yeah, I'm not sure if future episodes will include more info about the brewing process. From my understanding they are trying to focus more on the culture of homebrewing in the area.

I miss SF. Hope you guys make it!

Its a great place to be! Let us know if you are ever back in town.

We're like most homebrewers who dream of opening a brewery. I'm not sure if it will ever happen. We're just enjoy brewing on sundays, and talking with curious people walking by.

Just watched the second video. Hah, a guy I went to school with kindergarten through high school made quite the appearance (the guy in the lab coat).

Love the show... Very well done I'll keep my eye on it for sure.

I have only one question; who's set up were you using? Looked like you may have been unfamiliar with it.
BTW - nice rig!

I have only one question; who's set up were you using? Looked like you may have been unfamiliar with it.
BTW - nice rig!

I'm the guy that was filmed in the introduction and build most of the equipment. I tried to stay out of the way on the brew day and let my brew buddies be the focus. As a result I wasn't jumping in and fixing issues as stuff occurred.

Both are competent brewers, but I imagine the stress of two cameras, lighting, and microphones mixed in with brewing a new recipe made it a lot harder.

We're in the process of finishing our brew stand. A friend of ours just finished this stainless steel HLT/MT stand.

You can see photos of some of our other stuff at http://euphemiaales.com/index.php/brewery/.

brew_stand.jpg

Looking good! i'm watching one as we speak... while i "work" :mug:

Back