• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Silver Solder & Hole Flange Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bheggeseth

Reaction score
I just got done soldering the fittings on my boil kettle and wont need the parts any more. I soldered 4 fittings and as you can see there is left plenty of solder left. The solder is a one pound spool of Stay Brite #8 in 1/8" size. This is the better grade of Stay Brite solder and the 1/8" size lets you place a ring of solder in the fitting and you simply heat from the bottom and the solder flows just perfect, included is the liquid flux. Also included is the stainless steel tapered fittings that are used to flare the holes. The bolt is a grade 8 bolt and the other pipe fittings are steel and are used to brace the bolt as you tighten the flaring tool. The stainless steel fittings will allow you to flare holes for 1" and 1.5" pipe. Last I am including some cutting oil. Again I only used enough for four holes. I am asking $125 plus shipping.

Thanks, Brad.

solder.jpg

If you look at the above picture there are 3 flared stainless steel fittings lined up in the front row. The first fitting on the left is a 1/2" to 3/4" and is used to flare out a hole for a 1" solder joint. Note you need to stop pulling the fitting short of all the way. I drilled the hole in the keg at 7/8" and pulled the flare tool until it measured exactly 1".

The middle fitting is a 1" to 1.25" fitting and is used to flare out a hole for a 1.5" solder joint. I did not need to use this fitting but again I would drill the hole to 1 3/8" and pull the flare tool until the hole measures exactly 1.5".

The fitting on the right is a 3/4" to 1.75" fitting and could be used to flare a hole up to 1 7/8" in size.

I used tri-clover ferrules from brewershardware.

Thanks, Brad.

Yes you can get a heating element to fit through a 1.5" ferrule. If you look I will be soon posting a sale for just the parts you will need.

Thanks, Brad.

Back