Good deal on keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philjohnwilliams

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy the keg in the photo for $20. I have no immediate need for it, but figure i can store it until needed. Does this seem like a good price for a keg?

keg.jpg

Is that a 25L keg?? If so, I use two of those for aging bigger beers.

At $20, you really can't go wrong. Use it as a primary, or aging vessel.

I use one of these kegs as a fermenter, the base falls off quite regularly when cleaning with hot water. The top piece of plastic is only connected at the sanke collar. If you had plans of converting this into a keggle, you'll need to do more than a standard hole in the top.

I use one of these kegs as a fermenter, the base falls off quite regularly when cleaning with hot water. The top piece of plastic is only connected at the sanke collar. If you had plans of converting this into a keggle, you'll need to do more than a standard hole in the top.

I take it then that the blue parts on the top and bottom are plastic?

Yes, mine are orange plastic in fact. Base falling off isn't a big problem, the keg will still sit in it pretty firmly. I no-chill in this keg, so the whole thing is set on a small platform with wheels, I don't trust those plastic handles at high temps.

Back