Brewer's Haven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarsingRedneck

Reaction score
Has anyone visited or know anything about Brewers Haven on 12th Ave in Nampa, ID? Just discovered it today when I took the wife to the bank. For me, it beats going to Boise for supplies/equipment. I asked the guy behind the counter when they opened and he said about 5 months ago and he said they are still trying to get the word out. I picked up a case of bottles and a 4 pack of cold Grolsh when I was there. Seems they had a big supply of micro's brews in the fridge and even an area you could sit down and have a cold one.

Yeah ive been there before not to bad but theres also Nampa Brew Center thats been there for 18 plus years. Lady there is Deb who owns it and very nice. She has some items that are less expensive then Brewers Haven without the beer selection.

http://www.nampabrewers.com/

Its really down the road from where the new Brewers Haven shop is at. I highly recommend visiting her at least once.

Cheers!

From Ontario

I definitely reccomend Deb over at Nampa Brewer's Center, with the caveat that I haven't actually gone anywhere else to purchase supplies.

She has great service, will special order any ingredients or equipment she doesn't carry (I've had to do this once in 2+ years of brewing),and will even mill your grain for you. She takes orders over the phone, and can have stuff ready for pick-up, if you're running low on time. Overall, a great place to go, and a cool local business to support.

OT:
I have been in that particular Brewer's Haven once, as I was looking for some sour beers to drink so I could pitch the dregs into my first sour batch. They seem to have a decent selection, as far as the Treasure Valley is concerned, and the prices were just about on par with other places I've been (This is on commercial beer, mind you. I haven't priced their homebrewing supplies).

I have to agree with ^^^^^ on the beer selection. There isnt much around here. If you in a pinch and need something and Deb doesn't have it is the only time Ive gone to Homebrewstuff and Brewers Haven.

Deb will also take orders by email. I know shes a busy lady and I plan my brew days way in advance. I email her at the beginning of the month of what I want and give her a tentative date on when Ill be there. When time gets closer I email the week before to confirm what Im wanting. The Major reason why I do it this to get the yeast you want. Sometimes she wont have it in stock and will have to order it. or if she does have it she will put your name on it and put it aside.

Is Nampa Brewer's Center the one where it looks like someone is working out of their house? I'm just learning about what is out here and I dove by a house I thought said home brew or some such on it.
Thanks

Ok, got it. So I can just walk up to the house, ring the bell and ask if I can look around? Sorry for all the questions just never been there.

When you pull up to her place she made the main entrance from her garage door. It has an open sign on it. You walk through the door towards the back is the rest of her shop. Tell her that Ted said hello and helped with picking her place. Shes a sweet lady and extremely helpful. She also has 18 years of experience and will also pull up recipes for you.

When you pull up to her place she made the main entrance from her garage door. It has an open sign on it. You walk through the door towards the back is the rest of her shop. Tell her that Ted said hello and helped with picking her place. Shes a sweet lady and extremely helpful. She also has 18 years of experience and will also pull up recipes for you.

I went there today before I read your post. I needed a part for my brew kettle. 1st I went to Brewers haven but then didn't have it. Then I thought I'll see if Nampa Brewers might have it. Sure enough she did have it and it was cheaper then anywhere else I checked. She is everything you say and was VERY helpful and I plan to do more business with her maybe as soon as tomorrow if a particular wYeast comes in for a Honey ale :)
Thanks to all who recommended her place.

I love nampa brewers and would highly recommend that everyone in the area goes there. A local business ran by a person that opened a shop for the love of the hobby. Not just to make money.
As far as brewers haven, I have been in there a few times to get beer, but that's it. The one time I did go in there, I needed a few little things and deb was out. The person that helped me didn't even know what a bung was. Basically knows how the register works and that's it. I could have just had a bad experiance, but it seems that there employees don't really know much about home brewing. They just work there. Deb on the other had, knows her stuff.

On another mentioned note, the albertsons on 12th across from walmart has a great selection of single 22 oz craft beers anywhere from $2 to $20 a bottle.

Have to agree with ^^^^ on debs but I think his assessment is somewhat correct on brewers haven. There is just a few people there that knows whats going on and they do have a decent beer selection.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

Old posts but wanted to jump in. I used to live in Caldwell and bought my starter kit from Deb in 2002. Now living in Northern Utah the closest home brew shop is 80 miles away. I visited brewer's haven when we visited for Christmas. There stock of micros was pretty impressive, or maybe I have just lived in Utah too long.

Back