What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mad *****!

image-2529289207.jpg

My Jalepeno Ale.Good aroma and taste but lacking HEAT like a Ipa like bitter strength bitter but instead heat. It's very mild:eek: - I like hot! sauce not weiny sauce. The jalepenos I had at the time were pretty sub par as far as heat-flavor and aroma did it for me though. Solid- but... Next time!! Maybe Ill throw a habenero in there with it. Would like to do some cayenne,tis the season now. I also kind of think they should be a fall seasonal with the warmth and all,I think they may be pretty good incorporated in some holliday seasonals as well. Just a thought. I think that would be pretty nice in some of those spiced malty ales.

Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. My consensus on this after trying my second one,is its a pretty good almost pale ale with pumpkin. Its definatly a balanced hop aroma flavor and bitter and at the same time a pumpkin ale. Some may find it offensive but I think its a pretty good mildy hoppy pumpkin beer.I think they used the right hops is key for it, for me it seems to strangely work. Im not offended. Tastey.

Well I think I just poured an all time favorate. Summit Saga Ipa I think its on that 2 hearted ipa level, I think I need to do a blind with this beer,its awesome. Although I was in love with the Unchained series of nelson suavon,not shure if its discontinued I think it was the 06 series it may be discontiued which like the pumpkin porter which was a regular irregular seasonal release which i think is discontiuned also which I havent been able to try that sounds awesome. Im just a geek.

Consensus is a group opinion.

PS Imported Munich Oktoberfest. Which was barely worth remembering, as all beer is wont to do.

Can never go wrong with 1554!

P.S. any body know what type of wild hops grow in Colorado? Found some and threw em in a pint if my brown ale, tasted great.

Jester King Mad Meg. Had their Le Petit Prince two nights ago, and they are surprisingly close in amounts of flavor, the nice funk and citrus note from the saison yeast paired with noble hops, I think this one has EKG, while the other didn't. I loved this beer, the wife didn't care for it much, so I finished her glass. Now onto an Arrogant Bastard, which for some reason I haven't had in three years. Awesome.

I can't get enough of my Cream Ale! One week after opening the first bottle (3 weeks after bottling), and I'm already a case down... I brewed 10gal, but gave 5gal to a friend. Last time I do that!

Sierra Nevada beer camp variety pack. Just put my Uncle Frank to rest so I'll be drinking these beers for him (prolly one or two for me as well) I can forget to mention the stone anniversary ipa to. Rip Uncle Frank

odinsgift said:
8/20? Man, that's on the downside. Have you had Double Jack?

Yeah it's a bit old, youngest I've had was two weeks old, but they only had 3 left so I grabbed one. No I haven't, any good?

SN Beer Camp Imperial Pilsner.Have you ever noticed these are sometimes spelled pilsener?
Anyway, I like this more the second time around poured into a SS pint tall lager glass,shure picked up a bigger floral aroma,and definatly has a massive body/palate,guess thats what makes it "imperial" good stuff at 5.6%abv. In fact this is a pilsner I would frequent if availble and they are not too common for me personally although they have grown on me alot. That stout they have is one big bear of a stout as well.

Diamond Knot Brewing Co. Industrial IPA.

At 7.9% ABV I am not at all surprised that alcohol is a fairly prominent flavor. At 80 IBUs the hops are the most notable flavor. Diamond Knot apparently uses Columbus hops. Good times.

NorCalBrewin said:
Yeah it's a bit old, youngest I've had was two weeks old, but they only had 3 left so I grabbed one. No I haven't, any good?

A two month old double jack knocks a week and a half old PtE out of the water, in my opinion.

Decided to retry Killians Irish Red. I'm getting a really strong banana flavor and smell, not sure if it was an off batch or not but I'm diggin it. Better than I remember it being four or five years ago.

Im enjoying a pint of Belgian golden ale, Only sucks that i didn't stir the priming sugars enough. Two bottlebombs have gone off :p so im trying to save most of them by putting them in the fridge

I'm drinking lemonade as I type this, but in about an hour, I think I'll be ready for a bottle of my Russian Imperial Stout, which I have affectionately called Kommissar Murphy (points go to whomever picks up on that one). Yesterday, I gave three of my coworkers each a bottle of said stout, and I've never been more nervous about beer in my life. This is the first time my beer has ever been in the wild, and their opinions will directly affect subsequent brews.

Just tried - and admit, dumped - the Shafley Pumpkin Ale I just bought. It had awesome reviews on Beer Advocate but I just don't get it. WAY too much spice and it also tastes artificial. I have 5 left so I hope the wifey likes:)

Now enjoying a St Bernardus Prior 8. Good stuff, although not on the same level as the Abt 12.

Also just tried my dry stout that I brewed 2 weeks ago and it's really nice. Another week to bottling.

Bottled Guinness black lager ("Cold brewed with roasted barley."?), meh. Better draught than in bottle. Me and the dog have been banished to the bedroom while SWMBO has "bingo" night. A collection of six to ten other wives who get together once a month to play bingo with prizes everyone brings. A regular cackling "hen fest."

Latest posts

Back