New hop vine tattoo!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliterunner1

Reaction score
A friend of mine out of LA drew up this design and I went in yesterday and had it done after 3 1/2 hours of work!

hop tattoo.jpg

hops 1.jpg

hops 4.jpg

That's really cool! I have thought about getting a tattoo, and a simple hop vine design is at the top of the list. Absolutely love it!

thanks! Yeah I really liked the balance between simplicity and detail the artists put into it. For a first tattoo I didn't think it was that bad, the coloring stung a bit though!

MY buddy has a tri clamp around his forearm. best beer tattoo ever

Thanks! I'm thinking about extending it to a half sleeve. Still undecided right now...

Gridlocked said:
That's awesome! A little tender on the under arm.

The ribs and around the nipples were the worst!

Under arm wasn't bad for me but I'm not going back to finish my ribs! Apparently the one down side of being skinny is tattooing the rib cage sucks! Two 4 hour sessions on my one side finished it without any color. Not planning on doing color now, looks decent enough without it. Haha

Yeah if the ribs hurt without color then it would be excruciating with it! Color requires a faster needle speed usually, and more of them...

For a first time tattoo it wasn't bad. Don't let anyone scare you into thinking it's super painful. I mean I guess if you have a super low pain tolerance it could suck, but I did mine all in one session and it was bearable.

A buddy of mine and I are debating getting a hop grenade at some point in the next few months. I'm finishing up a 3/4 sleeve first though.

Eliterunner1 said:
a hop grenade is a cool idea. I've seen a few people sporting them:)

Hop grenade would be cool. That's my desktop background right now.

I have a grenade on my bicep that says "Love Thy Neighbor"

This is what I am planning on getting here within the next couple months... It's modeled after the Birds of America type of illustration and i can't decide if I am going to do a full sleeve (which is likely) or growing up from my ankle to my quad... There will be some alterations done depending on size and location..

matthias-trentsensky-hop-vine-from-the-young-landsman-published-vienna-1845_i-G-29-2942-CLXRD00Z.jpg

very cool! yeah I am definitely considering expanding full sleeve. tattoos are just expensive though so I might wait a bit

Back