Kraussen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshtorres28

Reaction score
I brewed a hefe on sunday and used dry yeast. I just sprinkled it on top and noticed today that there is not a kraussen but the airlock hac been bubbling is something wrong with my beer?

No, your beer is fine. Different yeast/wort combinations produce different amounts of kraussen.

Some beers make little to no krausen, or it falls quickly. Others make giant, ugly krausens. It depends on the recipe and the yeast.

Bubbling is a good sign that you have fermentation (though lack of bubbling does not mean that you don't).

Leave it alone. The yeast know how to make beer; let them. Wait two weeks, then take a hydrometer reading. Wait two days and take another. If they match, you are ready to rack to secondary or bottling bucket.

K I was kind of worried cause this is the first time I haven't had one, but like I said the airlock was bubbling almost constantly.

Just to show how different he process can be I brewed a Hefe and had a nasty krausen for almost 14 days!

cbehr said:
Just to show how different he process can be I brewed a Hefe and had a nasty krausen for almost 14 days!

Ive brewed one before that lasted almost 2 weeks also just hadn't done one that hasn't had one.

Back