Keg Leaking through the gas release valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hagbardceline

Reaction score
Hi,

When I turn the gas on to my keg I get bubbles coming out of my gas release valve on the top of the keg lid. I unscrewed the valve and put it back in and I even went a exchanged for another used lid. I replaced the gasket and it is still leaking there.

What else can i do? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Maybe some keg lube on the inside seal? Is it screwed in completely? Is the silver ring oriented correctly?

Seems strange that both are that way.

Be sure the split ring pull isn't keeping the valve from searing all of the way. I have one cornie that likes to stay "released" if I don't keep an eye on it.

-d

Hi,

When I turn the gas on to my keg I get bubbles coming out of my gas release valve on the top of the keg lid. I unscrewed the valve and put it back in and I even went a exchanged for another used lid. I replaced the gasket and it is still leaking there.

What else can i do? What am I missing?

Thanks!

You actually replaced the lid and the replacement has the exact same leak? Then you replaced the release poppet on the replacement lid and it still leaks?

Cheers!

I've had some that don't like to seal. I little spray of keg lube usually fixes it, otherwise abruptly releasing some pressure and letting it snap back down quickly seals it better.

Isn't that a metal to metal fit? I have the same issue with a Corney and haven't had time to address it.

The keg lube suggestion sounds good!!

logdrum said:
Be sure the split ring pull isn't keeping the valve from searing all of the way. I have one cornie that likes to stay "released" if I don't keep an eye on it.

-d

"sealing"

Back