Ball Lock gas in connector won't come off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
I am new to kegging and i just put my gas in on the in line and now when i try try to get the gas line off it won't budge! I am sliding the ring up first then pulling ? has anyone had this problem ? All my other lines go off and on without a problem .

I did this once. I took the QD apart so I wouldn't screw up the pin, pull up on the ring and yanked it off.

this usually happens when i try to jam a liquid-out connector on a gas-in post (or vice versa)...

you can take it apart, but usually i can get it to pop off eventually without doing all that.

I did the same thing when I was in a hurry to hook things up and put the in line on the out of the keg. I just made sure the sleeve was up and slowly wiggled it back and forth and not up and down. It SLOWLY worked it way off. Do no use a lot of force.

It sounds like you might have a dry o-ring on the post. Those things can be a royal <beep> to get off if the o-ring is dry.
Once you get it off, make sure you put just a bit of lube on the o-ring. It should slide on and off like butter.

Double check you have the correct posts/nuts on the IN and OUT. The gas in post will always have some sort of groove cut into the circumference. You may have switched them when sanitizing. Happens a lot if you don't pay attention.

Here you go:

keg-posts-1.jpg

Back