Sucker Punch Your Grandma "cream Ale"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KEITH27

Reaction score
mash with 3 gallons of 168f water stir in the grain, close mash once water hits 152f for 60 minutes.

recirculate a few times untill clear then begin collecting into the brew kettle. leave at least 2 inches above grains at al times,continue to add sparge water at 180f for 60-90 minutes, collect 6 gallons of water for boil,

boil 90 minute using the first 30 for preboil add hops after 30 minutes

you will use 1.5 oz of cascade hops
adding 1 ounce after about 25 minutes and then the other .5 at about 60 minutes.

GRAIN
4.0lbs pale malt(2-row)
4.0lbs pale malt(6-row)
1.0lbs flaked corn(maize)

as far as tasting it was probably the lightest beer i have ever brewed it looked like cream of course in the secondary but darkened up after 2 days. went down smoothe i trade beer with 3 different guys around my neck of the woods and they all seemed to like it and they have been at it for 10 years plus...i then took a few bottles to my local bar for a few guys to try and was a hit.. this was my first all grain and i think it turned out great..
:mug:

KEITH27

The idea of the recipe Database is that only tried , tested and GOOD recipes are posted. The only way to know this is if there is evidence that the publisher has brewed the beer rather than just cutting and pasting untested recipes. Hence the general requirements for tasting note.

If a recipe is spotted without tasting notes or evidence it has been brewed and turned out well then the poster will be asked to add them. Your recipe was spotted by Yooper and she asked you to add them. If you continue to give Yooper or any one else grief for doing so then action will be taken. If you have a problem with a Mod or what they have asked you to do then look at this.

If you don't want to or can't be bothered then please do not post recipes.
This is not flaming. It's asking you to contribute good quality recipes only to the database that others can have confidence in brewing.

8 lbs base malt + a little flaked corn and some hops (at no specified time/interval) IS NOT A RECIPE. FG must be less than OG, or your math is wrong.

No one is flaming you. We are simply asking for a reasonable recipe. If that cannot be achieved, you have no business posting in the recipe database.

KEITH27

The idea of the recipe Database is that only tried , tested and GOOD recipes are posted. The only way to know this is if there is evidence that the publisher has brewed the beer rather than just cutting and pasting untested recipes. Hence the general requirements for tasting note.

If a recipe is spotted without tasting notes or evidence it has been brewed and turned out well then the poster will be asked to add them. Your recipe was spotted by Yooper and she asked you to add them. If you continue to give Yooper or any one else grief for doing so then action will be taken. If you have a problem with a Mod or what they have asked you to do then look at this.

If you don't want to or can't be bothered then please do not post recipes.
This is not flaming. It's asking you to contribute good quality recipes only to the database that others can have confidence in brewing.

again im new to all this i thought id try to share a recipe but apparntly it didnt work out i did a few things wrong shame on me right? i guess i wont try no more instead of saying hey keith you mised a few things maybe we can help you out or hey keith your og is wrong...i get threats hahahaha ...if you feel you need to tak further action thean please do so if not please tell me how to edit the recipe and i will do so.. im just upset that i spelled right the wrong way and yopper was all over me about it.. sorry guys i dont teach english or spelling im not perfect i do mispell or use a spelling in the wrong way however i dont see what that had to do with my ? i had asked but i still cought greif. i guess what im sayin is my bad and can someone put me in the RIGHT direction and i will do what i can to edit my recipe if you dont want me to edit it up then please delete it seeing how it cant be used because it isnt right

Take a look at some other recipes. They all have a few things in common:

Ingredients (type and amounts)
Mash schedule (time and temperature)
Boil schedule (time and hops/other additions)

Target OG (original gravity - the specific gravity into the fermenter)
Target FG (final gravity - the specific gravity after fermentation)
Target IBU (bitterness)
Target SRM (color)

As far as spelling/grammar...it's ok to make a mistake or two, but your posts will be much better received, and you will receive much better responses if you use a spell checker. Also, a little capitalization and punctuation go a long way in making your post readable.

Back