Homark Beer engine parts needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geepmaley

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just received my ebay.uk beer engine and of course there is a problem. Pump itself seems to pull vacuum (put finger over inlet and felt resistance), but every fitting on the outside of the cylinder (including the part that screws into the cylinder itself) is broken. Sheared off right at the cylinder.

So, I am looking for anyone who might know where I could buy replacement parts. See below. The part on the far right in the pic should be attached to the cylinder, but it sheared off. The rest is what I gather is the correct order of assembly

photo.jpg

If this is a hard to get part and you can't locate a replacement, you might want to look for someone that can plastic weld.

I work for a draught beer system installation and service company. P.M. me your contact information and the model of the beer engine and I can check our suppliers. I would not hold out a great deal of hope for a quick reply personally, since the last time that we ordered anything from Homark it was a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks, and documentation with the items was poor or non-existant.

I'll give it a go though.

If this is a hard to get part and you can't locate a replacement, you might want to look for someone that can plastic weld.

welding old brittle plastic would give you freshly welded but still brittle plastic. Better off getting someone to mill new parts out of nylon.

Confirmed the cylinder works by shoving a vinyl hose into the broken fitting and it pumped water just fine, but with this technique there is no backflow preventer and it pushed liquid back on the back stroke of the handle. My guess is with a backflow preventer in the loop, the back pressure would be enough for the hose to pop out

Can you unscrew the rest of the fitting that is in the cylinder body?

84866d1353458864-beer-engine-arrived-photo-3.jpg

Maybe a ez-out tool to extract the rest of the busted fitting would work

TI_Info_01-12.gif

You might also be able to tap the busted fitting with a female pipe thread and then just thread a barb fitting in there with an inline check valve which should work the same as the disk check that was in there.

Is the black rubber just a gasket or is that pressed into the cylinder body?

Got the piece out. Found a replacement part at CFBS in the UK, but it costs more to ship than to buy. Problem is it looks to be BSPP fittings (British Standard Pipe, Parallel) which is next to impossible to find in the US.

Gasket is part of the sealing for BSPP

Back