Ok here goes how much do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbeer22

Reaction score
Just curious but how much beer on average do you all drink? Me I have at least a beer 5 dAys a week and on the weekend more like 8-10
What say you?

I'm mostly responsible when I have to work the next morning. No more than 4-5 average ABV beers before a workday. When I don't have to work the next day I let loose. Right now my average ABV for the night is probably in the neighborhood of 10% and I've had at least eight drinks tonight. I'm :tank: enough that I've lost track by now.

So I guess the short answer is 'a lot.'

Typically, I have 1-2 pints of homebrew a night. Doesn't change (normally) between during the week or weekends. There are enough nights where I don't have any homebrew.

So, I don't always drink, but when I do it's 1-2 pints of homebrew. :D

You should never drink more than your pipeline can support. :rockin:

I hung up my pro status years ago. Think I went two years without drinking more than maybe a bottle of wine. Those several years of hard drinking took a little toll that I'm seeing now. Uric Acid kidney stone former now (Usually formed by legumes, poultry, yeast and alcoholic beverages.) After sitting drugged up in a hospital for a couple weeks with those bad boys I really don't want a repeat. With uric acid stones they don't show up on xrays and only show on CT scans so they cannot use the sonic treatment and have to go in after them. So I take meds to help control it. I recently got into home brewing and upped to maybe a case a month between the two of us.

About 2 homebrews a night. Unless we go out. Last night we went see Joe Ely and probably had 2 homebrews and 3 blonde bombshells. My days of getting shiz faced are hopefully over. Hate the next day....LOL

My routine: first beer shortly after 5 pm, usually an IPA. Second one around 6 pm, usually an ESB or an Amber. Glass of wine with dinner around 7 pm. Nightcap beer around 11 pm - usually a nice warm chewy Stout.

Repeat daily.
Liver enzyme check yearly (they're still excellent, fwiw)...

Cheers! ;)

I'm semi-retired, so everyday is Saturday for me. :D

I drink a beer about 2 in the afternoon, in a "beer glass" sized glass like a small one from a bar.

Then after dinner, I have several more while I browse the internet and chat with Bob.

I haven't measured the glass, but I'd say it would probably be a total of 3-4 12 ounce beers every evening.

I don't ever binge drink, so the total is about the same all the time.

3to6 around monsay threw thursday and they range in different ABV from 6% to 10%. and friday night eh 3 to 6 maybe. Saturday and sunday I generaly have one or two a bit early 10am to 2 pm after I clean the house and do some home chors. But then I usualy dont have any the rest of the day. Maybe one later that night before dinner.

I drink a lot less on weekends. Because I dont have to work :) I probanly get tanked 1 to 2 nights a week and its not friday or saturday lol.

+1. Pushing fifty, I don't like hangovers. Or hangovers don't like me.

Hangovers do suck. I can't handle them like I use to. I try, TRY not to drink that much during the week. You know calories and all..But Friday, Saturday and football Sunday, All bets are off. Maybe a few on Friday, a six on Saturday. I like Saturday beer night. Then 4ish or so if the Patriots are winning, Like today Bitches!!!!Shyte, I drink a lot..:drunk:

I recently broke my arm and have been told to hold off drinking while it heals. So, I decided to buy some NA beers and I am actually impressed. There are a couple decent ones out there (if you enjoy German lager styles especially). It's nice because they have half the calories and never cause any hangover. I'm the kind of guy who loves the flavor of beer and will keep drinking it all night for that reason, but I don't like getting hammered so much anymore. In the future, I will be switching between full alcohol beers and NA beers to keep a mild buzz but be able to still enjoy the taste of beer. I'm sure my liver and waistline will be thankful.

P.S. To all the bartenders exclaiming, "It's non-alcoholic!": I ------ know that, just give me the damned drink!

I definitely do not drink like I used to. I've never been a daily drinker (except when on vacation), I was more of a binge drinker on the weekend nights.

On a normal week I limit myself to six beers and only Friday-Sunday. About once a month I hit a pint night on a Tuesday and have 2-3 pints and about once a month I go out drinking on the weekend and replace 3 beers at home with 3-4 pints at the bar. I went from partying hard to partying rarely. Law school does that to you. Well, some students. I know a few people who have come to class drunk.

I only drink Friday sarurday night don't like drinking on a work night learnt my lesson once going to work with an hangover not a brikliant thing to do

Usually about 5- 6 nights a week, 2 12oz. with dinner. Not enough to get any kind of buzz, but enough to enjoy with my dinner.

4-5 nights a week, average say 4 on a weeknight. Saturdays can get more... extensive, espeically if I'm slow smoking something on the patio, which usually entails popping the first one around noon, and going stedily (say, one beer every 45 min or so) till dinner is done and eaten, around 8 hours later. Then a scotch or two nightcap, then pass out and hate myself on Sunday :)

I drink every day.....and work out every day. Weeknights as soon as I get home from the gym I'll have 2 pints, then have 2-3 vodka & 7up's with dinner. Weekends usually from about noon on....

I work rotating 12 hour shifts. When I'm on nights, I don't drink at all. Not because it "feels wrong to drink at 7am", it doesn't. Because I usually crash as soon as I walk in the door and I won't drink before work. Otherwise, I typically drink by myself at home, so probably 2 maaaaaayyyyybe 3 if I drink at all. When I go out or on the rare occasion I have company, I'd say around 6-10 depending on the night. But it's pretty well spaced out over several hours so I never really get drunk, just a happy little buzz.

I was doing 1-2 a night, but that was too much...getting fat. Now i'm trying to have a few on the weekends and none during the week, but tend to drink waaaay too much to compensate. Oh well :fro:

I don't drink on the week nights and usually not on the weekends unless something is going on. If I'm going to party I can easily kill 14 or 15 beers in a night. Usually a bad idea. I'm getting older now and it seems like the hangovers are lasting longer and longer. Used to last an afternoon now it's a solid day before I can function again hahaha. Doesn't help all my friends are younger than me so I'm still trying to hang with the young bucks.

Most nights I have 1 beer. I do stray from that a few nights a week and have 2 or none but only at parties or get togethers would I have more than 2.

I'm trying to not drink at all Monday to Thursday, unless I'm out with friends. On the weekend I'll have a couple homebrews. Very rarely do I have more than three or so. I really just love the taste. If I could drink beer all day and not get fat and drunk I would.

Usually about a beer a night during the week, then 2-3 on Friday and Saturday, depending on what I have to do the next morning. One every 3 months I get the desire to get trashed.

In Italy I drank 3 liters of wine plus 6 beers in one night. That was the last vestige of college style binging for me - two day long hangover.

One 500ml bottle a day, after work. Two on a special occasion.

Sun - Thu = none
Fri - Sat = 1 - 3 per day
Occasionally will have a beer during the early portion of the week.
SWMBO and I will go through a bottle of wine in a couple of weeks.
I get 1 bottle of good single malt scotch a year.
I have not been drunk since 1985.

2-3 nightly depending on work (get off that day/work the following) usually once a week will spend time with some friends, so all bets are off

I have one drink most every night, occasionally two, sometimes none. Fridays and Saturdays are between 2 and 4. Usually the one drink is a glass of wine.

Five or six pints a night here. Doesn't matter what day. Mostly session beers to keep from getting trashed.

The only time that used to change was when I had early morning shifts flying freight. I had to cut myself off a couple short occasionally to be legal. Now I fly aerial photo so no work before 9am due to solar azimuth. I'm happier but my liver no so much...

Latest posts

Back