Pine/Dank bomb IPA which hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpertskir

Reaction score
I'm planning an in your face IPA, focusing on the piney/dank taste of hops and trying to shy away from Citrusy(which I love, but am shying away from on this beer) flavors.

So far in the pool of useable hops are Chinook, Simcoe, and Southern Cross(I have ample supply of all 3 and may just go with them).

My verdict is still out on including Columbus.

What other hops should I be considering?

Chinook deff for some pine and Columbus is pretty dank. Simcoe would also go well with the other two. Pine, citrus, and dank. Mix it up!!

Chinook deff for some pine and Columbus is pretty dank. Simcoe would also go well with the other two. Pine, citrus, and dank. Mix it up!!

I would ditch the simcoe, personally. It's a great hop, but I wouldn't necessarily consider it "dank"

Columbus/Chinook though....mmmmm, that's like a beer making love to a skunk.

For dank, you'd be better off with Columbus, Chinook, and Southern Cross outta those four... not so much Simcoe. Though I would use Simcoe at flameout for some added complex character.

If you really want dank, try Apollo. Load up on the dryhop with your dank hops.

I think just Columbus and Chinook together could be really interesting. I'm going to put something together for one of my upcoming brews.

Back