What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point whole hog pumpkin ale. Great pie aroma , aroma is similar if not better to Pumpking ,a bit sweeter than average. Its a good one-still. A bit of a slight harsh clove finish though not too much. Maybe Ill age a few,seems in the past Ive had them post seasonally and enjoyed them more.Guess I will leave one a pull the other two out for a few months +.

(Finally) enjoying a partial mash IPA I made about 6 wks ago. Using traditional west coast style hops (Amarillo, centennial, Simcoe). Doing me right at about 7.3%

49th State Brewing's Solstice IPA (even though we're closer to Equinox) - wunerful, wunerful!

My BlackBarn IPA, its a black IPA, CDA or whatever fermented with farmhouse ale yeast 3726 I think. Its a blend of 2 row, munich, carafa II, and midnight wheat. I used chinook for bittering and palisades and nelson sauvin for late hops and dry hopped with more nelson.

Being October 1st I feel it's fitting!

image-3939122715.jpg

jonmohno said:
Darkhorse Reserve Special Black Ale. Yes it is! Some more MI stuff here.

Yay MI beer! I'm at work but as soon as I'm home I'll be trying Arcadia Ales pumpkin (I forgot the name, I bought 6 single bottles of different pumpkin beers this weekend).

Yay MI beer! I'm at work but as soon as I'm home I'll be trying Arcadia Ales pumpkin (I forgot the name, I bought 6 single bottles of different pumpkin beers this weekend).

Wish I could,love their old ales also.

Sam Adams Cinder Bock. Bought it on the recommendation of my boss, but I'm not terribly impressed. Of course, this is the same guy who said that Dead Guy and Michelob tasted the same, so...

nukebrewer said:
Sam Adams Cinder Bock. Bought it on the recommendation of my boss, but I'm not terribly impressed. Of course, this is the same guy who said that Dead Guy and Michelob tasted the same, so...

You need a new boss, one that knows what he/she is talking about.

You need a new boss, one that knows what he/she is talking about.

Unfortunately when you're in the military you have precisely zero control of who your boss is. I'll more than likely be getting out after this tour so my brother and I can pursue our dream of opening a brew pub.

I was slightly duped. I'm trying Arcadia Ales seasonal called Jaw-Jacker. It's a spiced ale with cinnamon, nutmeg and all-spice. No pumpkin. According to the brewery's website, the spices are in proportion according to the brewer's grandmother's pumpkin pie recipe. Now I need some damn pie to go with my beer:D

dudius said:
I was slightly duped. I'm trying Arcadia Ales seasonal called Jaw-Jacker. It's a spiced ale with cinnamon, nutmeg and all-spice. No pumpkin. According to the brewery's website, the spices are in proportion according to the brewer's grandmother's pumpkin pie recipe. Now I need some damn pie to go with my beer:D

Lol

Some kind of pilsner style ale... 1st time brewed with RO water and it is delicious.

Goose Island Harvest Ale. I remember really liking this one last year. This does not taste like the same beer it was.I also noticed it is now brewed in NY on the bottle.Thats a surprise to me. I know the owners sold the brewery but didnt know this. It has a lot more tart with some sourness to it that I dont remember,hmm.. could be me I guess but dunno. After reading the bottle now I know where the tart/sour is from the wheat. Crappy yeast taste also, maybe just a bad bottle. If it tastes l ike this again then I probably officially dont like it any more,then.

Also a Honkers from Goose Island,now brewed in NH. Have to say I like it a little more than I use to,for a 4% its pretty good,has some big black tea aroma and taste to it which struck me some.Had a bit of old crappy yeast though. I dont know though,there seems to be a bit of a Shipyard taste to it though.

Any fans of Chicago regular Goose Island drinkers care to chime in any differences in these brewed in different regions? If it was a brewery I was regular to I would definatly be all over it.
But was not much of a regular or big fan of them,I did like the ipa,wonder if that is different now.

Started with Pale dry hopped with homegrown cascades, Porter, Belgian pale, Super Saison, Sour Amber 3YO, Kriek 2 YO and to finish a 2 YO Sour Irish.

BW

Homebrewed what I'm calling an American Bock. Inspired by Shiner Bock but with my own twist.

Homebrew. What's suppose to be a brown ale. But it's horribly green even after a month In the bottle following 5 weeks in primary. Lol.

Breckenridge brewery small batch 471 double hopped ipa. Chinook, centennial, simcoe, and Fuggles hops. The Fuggles there me off, but this is a real good beer, great pine, floral and earthy taste. Citrus, grapefruit, floral, and pine on the nose. Great color as you can see, barely 1 finger head, sticks to the glass, leaving lacing all the way down. Def a nice fall ipa. At 9.2%, be careful!

ForumRunner_20121003_182103.jpg

Back