Ski Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried this, but the following blog post describes a recipe for a homemade Mountain Dew / Sun Drop clone:

The Homemade Soda Expert

Use this as a starting point for experimentation and don't filter out the pulp :)

Your other option is to call Excel Bottling over in Breeze, IL (618-526-7159) and ask them where you can by Ski Pop in St. Charles.

If you try the recipe, please let us know how this works for you. I was born in Wellston, Ohio -- home of the Gem Bottling Company. So, I grew up drinking lots of Double Cola and Ski Pop.

That looks like it would be a good start. I thought I read somewhere that Ski only uses orange and lemon. The original Ski apparently used to have pulp in it but people started to complain that stuff was floating around in their drink. It wouldn't bother me a bit. Its harder to find in St Charles, but I grew up right across the river in Illinois and it was everywhere. It looks like you can get 5 gallons of premix from them. I sent them an email but I haven't got a response yet. I will prob have more luck with a phone call.

The premix is $25 plus a deposit for the kegs. They have had problems with homebrewers not returning their kegs in the past so please return them so they will continue to sell to individuals. They just opened a brewery too. I picked up a keg of premix ski for my keezer in August.

I have lived in ky my entire life. Growing up in south central ky ski was the drink of all. I clearly remember when it did contain the pulp in the bottom of the bottle. Once they removed that the flavor drastically changed. But I still love the stuff. Now the availability of ski has to my knowledge in ky never gone any farther north than elizabethtown. Kinda strange due to it being available up north. The word around town is that coke purchased double cola to remove competition. Who knows because u cannot find any infor on the net about that. Shame though cause double cola was way better than coke

Back