What Mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Ok I have read and researched and am still lost... My wife announced today I need to buy my own mill so I don't have to stand around at the brew shop and grind pounds of malt...I have looked at several online and read some testimonials but am still completely lost. I have two friends who are machinists and one who owns a metal fab shop so making one may be an option also...I have looked at barley crusher...monster mill..crankenstein...etc....keep in mind I am completely mechanically illiterate so it HAS to be simple....any sugestions?

Just talked to one of my machinist friends. Looks like we will be making a mill.

I am eyeing up the Barley Crusher
all ready to use, no need to make a hopper or cart for it, just throw it on top of a 5gal bucket and grind some grain. I have read alot of satisfied owners comment on these. they are comparably priced to other crushers, but are ready to go out of the box.

She's a KEEPER !!!!!!
Yep.. I collect hobbies and she is right there helping with whatever the latest venture is. She doesn't like beer much but will jump right in to do whatever needs done ( cleaning) when I brew.

Back