Please help...ball lock connector stuck!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianQuaffer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just fiddling with my new keg and was testing the fit of the ball lock connectors for the line in and out and now the ball lock connector for the gas line is totally stuck on the "In" connector. I've tried using all the elbow grease I can and to no avail. It won't come off.
Unless for some reason pressure from a CO2 tank is needed to get it off, I may have to destroy it to get it off...any other ideas?

Thanks!

Nick

Are you sure you have the correct qd on the correct post? They are different for in and out.That being said, I have used a large pair of channel locks to pry them off before. Always been able to get the most stubborn off with them.
Good luck.

Yeah, unless I was given the wrong size qd by the supplier I had it on the right post.

I was able to get it off the post however by disassembling it. I unscewed the top off, exposing the srping and pin valve thing. Once I had done that it came off pretty easily.

But I think I'll use some keg lube from now on.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Yeah, unless I was given the wrong size qd by the supplier I had it on the right post.

I was able to get it off the post however by disassembling it. I unscewed the top off, exposing the srping and pin valve thing. Once I had done that it came off pretty easily.

But I think I'll use some keg lube from now on.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Hi everybody! Somebody was a little bit drunk yesterday, and misplaced the ball lock Co2 connector. It's now stuck. I've tried adding warm water in from the top, and have also tried using as much force as I can to get it out. Can somebody tell me, and use the numbers on the picture for reference to where exactly I should apply the pressure to get this thing off? Would appreciate it. :) This thing has gas and beer in it.

photo230313155354.jpg

edit: FIXED! :ban: I poured boiling water down the hole on top of the ball lock connector and tried again. Success!

Back