Yards IPA ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoptometrist_mike

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site so I hope no one minds if I post a recipe. I have learned a ton and brewed many recipes shared on this site always with better than satisfactory results. So hopefully, in some way, this will help another lurker or member out there. It's something of a work in progress so if anyone would like to join in with some critique, good or bad, I'm all ears. I'd like to make this my house brew and I'm modeling it after Yard's India Pale Ale. It's a fair bit hoppier than most traditional EIPAs but it's floral and fruity, with some pine in the nose as well--certainly not a hop bomb by any account. It is probably my favorite American brewed version of an EIPA to date. So here goes:

Batch size 5.5 gallons
Est OG 1072--abv 7%

16# M.O.
0.5# Thomas Fawcett 60L

1 oz Chinook @ 60
0.5 oz Chinook @ 50
0.5 oz Amarillo @ 15, 10, and 5 min.
Then dry hop with 1/0.5 Amarillo/Chinook For 2 weeks after primary.
Wyeast English Ale for the esters.

I plan to Burtonize the water, single infusion mash at 150 for 75 minutes. 60 minute boil. Irish moss to clear.
I'm knocking around the idea of a first wort hop to smooth out any brash bitterness, and the addition of a handful of torrified wheat for better head, what say you?

Thanks,
Mike B.

Back