Custom Carved Tap Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustinvhaar

Reaction score
I'm a long time reader and first time poster but I had to share this custom tap handle carved for me by my buddy. He got into wood working a few years ago and after coming out of the military took it up with no power tools. Here he is carving a freaking table with his mallet and chisel..

DSCF4684.JPG

Anyway, I requested a tap handle and he continued to blow my mind. Every part of this is carved without a single power tool, instead using tools which at times are merely piano wire. Also, you can see in the last picture his signature with the inlayed Purple Heart wood representing the Purple Heart he was awarded for his bravery and sacrifice. His website is coming up soon if anyone else is looking for a truly one of a kind piece of beer art. Wow, still amazed, this thing feels amazing to pull a beer from!

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

This kicks ass, completely awesome can't wait to see when they are available

WOW! I'm so jealous. I'm just now getting into woodworking and am lightyears behind this guys skill.

Awesome tap handle!

Thanks everyone for the positive support for him. He is amazing at what he does. Here are some other things he has done including some of his massively solid table, Wooden Brutus 10???????

And once again, this is all without power tools.

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

Mountainman.jpg

This guy makes it look easy: start with a block of wood, and a pocket knife. Then just whittle away everything that doesn't look like a beer goddess rising out of a hops adorned barrel. Fantastic. Any idea of how many hours he spent crafting this?

He spent near 30 hours carving this beaut and as of yet no prices have been set. Hopefully we will get the website up this weekend and he can get started on more projects though! Thanks for all the interest everyone! Keep the ideas flowing

I imagine with that kind of talent he has an endless waiting list... so how do I get added to it!?

Damn, its down now of coarse, it should be up as soon as my hosting service makes the finalized changes. Give it a couple hours for them to get to it.... I hope....

Back