for those of us to late for beer swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fshnne1

Reaction score
wanted to start this thread to see whom would be interested in doing a beer swap on our own since we are to late...

I would be, but I just brewed my first batch last weekend and wont have anything ready for a few weeks :(

Doing a beer swap is alot of fun and a great way to learn more about different beer styles.

I know that there will be others who want to swap, too. Good idea starting a thread for it.

I'll be interested in swapping some. I have a couple conditioning right now. I have some awesome Bells micro too.

I'll be ready to swap a couple in about 2 weeks. I've got one I'm proud of now, but the two I have conditioning have a ways to go. Check in with me in a bit if you want to swap.

I have my Summit IPA ready but everything else is still a few weeks off. I really want someone else to taste and critique my beers. I don't know how to ship the stuff though?

Dan

I have a stout that is pretty much ready to go. 3 weeks in the bottle this weekend. Last weekend it was pretty tasty. I'll be leaving this weekend for a week, so if someone wants to swap a bottle let me know. I can ship mine out before I leave, but probably wont taste yours til the next weekend.

Did anyone follow up on this? I'd definitely be interested in having others sample my brews, and sample others' brews as well!:mug:

My three first brews will all have been in bottles for three weeks as of tomorrow. Unfortunately, the dark ale is almost gone, but I could definitely share either the Kolsch or the Amber? Any takers?

Count me in to. I have an Oat Meal Cream stout ,Chocolate Stout, Blazer Porter, all ready to go........:drunk:

I'm in. I have an Oatmeal Stout, Octoberfest, IPA and I guess I could part with one of my Barleywines since I've got another batch in secondary clearing right now! :)

I have some stout and a red ale I'll swap. My stout is really good, and the other Im not the most proud of. My buddy likes it more than I do so I'd like to get more opinions on it. I think I dry hopped it for too long, or with too much hops.

Whos up for my offer?

Oh yeah, I have a blueberry wheat also that is ready, however I had one of 50 bottles explode a couple weeks ago, but no more since.

I have a couple batches ready now and a couple more that will be ready shortly. I'd definitely like to get in on this. I have a brown ale that is pretty tasty and could be shipped out asap. Anyone interested in a swap, PM me and we'll work out the details

i'd like to swap with some people also. i have some munich dunkel, an ESB, a ruby brown ale, and an APA ready to trade. located in indianapolis,indiana.

Hey Brian Williams, I'd be interested in swapping for a couple dunkels if you want to try any of my beers.

I'm interested! I won't have any ready for a few more weeks yet i'll have an IPA and 2 hefe's by about a month from now that'll be ready to ship!

This whole trade thing is a really good idea. unfortunatly i keg all my brews but i just might start bottling half.

Since there seem to be a lot of "I'd love to, but not ready until X" responses, why don't we set some future date so people could actually target it and brew/package appropriately?

Better yet, why not do it quarterly (or monthly, even)...whoever's ready participates, everyone else waits until the next round.

[EDIT]: BTW, I'd love to participate. I'm always thinking my beers are either God's gift or utter crap (probably/hopfully wrong on both counts), and I don't really trust the people I see day-to-day to give me honest opinions...)

Bike, That sounds like a great idea. Perhaps a date should be chosen for mid June and a list started??? I'll almost have a 6-pack ready by then!

Hey,This beer swap thing sounds like it could be interesting.How would one go about chilling/packing/protecting and shipping this beer to be sampled ?

Back