Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I've got to say is that you home brewers are a pretty damn good bunch. Starman helped immensely with moving grain around. Thanks, Matt.

Polboy said:
ok i think i should have enough for everyone (3 strains for Bill, 3787 for wegz15 and Adam, 3068 for Demon, and 3711 for fastedie, i can bring more 3711 and 3068 but no more 3787), i also have few vials from orval bottle, i made saison with it that im very happy with and some notty, us04 and 5 if someone wants that.
-Adam i would love to get some 1214 but we would have to meet at pickup location tomorrow night so if you are on different schedule dont bother, i will leave 3787 for you anyway
cheers

Polboy left a bunch of vials with me. I also have mason jars of various washed yeast for the taking.

Thanks guys for another good experience, Bill thanks for organizing this and it was great to hang out with you and Starman, we should do this more often so everyone lets start brewing so Bill will have to run another buy soon :)

RC0032 said:
I would love some yeast if you have spare!!

Rich, if there's any left I'll bring you some when we meet to exchange our yeast and your starsan.

Bill et al, I plan on bringing a couple bombers of my 'Liquid Truth' RIS to share. it finished at 14.9% and is a bit young still, but it outa make the day go quicker :) I'll be there about 11.

wagz said:
Bill et al, I plan on bringing a couple bombers of my 'Liquid Truth' RIS to share. it finished at 14.9% and is a bit young still, but it outa make the day go quicker :) I'll be there about 11.
I've never had truth serum before...

And im gona freaking miss this :(

Polboy said:
And im gona freaking miss this :(

If i can get it out, ill share some of this. Here's that RIS in a ball.

ForumRunner_20120728_074324.jpg

I think the coupler looks proprietary and thinking of chilling and drilling so it can be racked over to a corny.

ForumRunner_20120728_074401.jpg

It was great to hang with everyone yesterday!

For those who still need to pick up, come around through the alley. I'll have the back gate open where you can back up your vehicle. There's also parking across the alley behind the church building. Call me if you need directions; my number is on the quote.

By the way, the person who was supposed to pick up cornies yesterday never showed up so I have 4 cornies left for sale.

The early bird may get the worm, but misses a couple of RIS and some kegs! All the more reason to try again next time

mind the speed bumps. I was looking for the address and bottomed the crap out of my week old new car, haha.

Could someone please send me the address? I can't find the quote.

Bill - What's the latest I can stop by today?

Thanks,

T

Gothic_Horror said:

Thanks,

T

Done

Gothic_Horror said:

Thanks,

T

About 4 or so.

Great meeting you guys. Thanks again for doing this Bill. Hope you enjoy the Belgian White Ale.

Thanks for the samples and conversation at the pickup! strike water is almost to temp, red ale is in secondary, IPA is kegged and I'm ready for a second wind.

I think I'm going to make the pick up hours for sunday from 9-1. I don't want to spend my whole day in the yard. If anyone has questions or concerns let me know.

Seriously,
We need to do a get together...
I had a blast on pickup.. We need to do a brew in grill in whatever..

cyclogenesis said:
Seriously,
We need to do a get together...
I had a blast on pickup.. We need to do a brew in grill in whatever..

Wagz and his wife Star mentioned the exact same thing today when they were here. Who's up for hosting this?

Good Sunday morning! I'm here waiting for the pick ups to resume. Hope to see as many of you as possible today between the hours of 9-1.

Randar picked up all of his grain in his Prius. We loaded the pallet with the fork lift on top of the roof. Actually, he showed up with two other friends/cars and they happily hauled away 42 bags, 3 pails of PBW, 10 gallons of starsan and 2 gallons of acid cleaner. They made a huge dent in the stock pile of grain. Nice guys too.

Special thanks to starman for segregating their stuff onto one pallet. This made marking off the pick up so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back