Just got my Midwest Supplies Starter kit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fadeux

Reaction score
I couldn't find a forum where people discuss good/poor retailers, so I just wanted to share this story here. I placed two orders with them on Monday, and without me even asking, they combined them, and refunded me the excess shipping charges. They were prompt, friendly, and honest. Ill share more as my first brew progresses...

Haven't seen anything bad about them here, and I always like to share praise as much as dissent. They just seem like good, honest, people.

Cheers!

Midwest and Northern are both companies that I've ordered from and have been very pleased with their service and support.

Granted, I am new here, but I think it would be a great idea to have a forum section about online suppliers. A place were people can talk about how good/bad their ordering experience was.

Well in the spirit of it, I'll add my $.02 to the thread.
Williamsbrewing.com has given me very quick and trouble-free service, as have MoreBeer.com (really quick response), Austin Hombrew (excellent service, and I just placed a decent-sized order with them -pair of pumps and some plumbing). NorthernBrewer lives up to expectations -never heard anything bad about them.
Kegkits.com has given me very good service in the past, but these last two times were to say the least, very unsatisfactory. I had to delay my brew session by a week (ordered yeast on monday morning, didn't get it until thurs. of the NEXT week -and considdering that the company is in Alabama, and I live in Florida, thats pretty bad) -recently ordered a thermometer for the brewpot (weldless) and had the same experience. To the guys' credit, he was quick to respond to my queries. Evidently they have fallen behind in their orders, and don't quite have the capital to hire more help.
I like to support places close to home, so I will order more from them in the future (and hope their service gets back to what it used to be) but nothing time-sensitive until they prove themselves again. Sigh.
I'm going to be interested in trying to get some grains in bulk, but shipping seems to kill that option -however the local HBS charges a bit much for grains (sigh) so I'm still thinking on it.

I too placed a big order with Midwest and had no problem, I did it on-line and paid w/paypal, it did take 5-6 days but if you read the homepage of the site thats typical holiday shipping.

Oh and Welcome!!:tank:

I like Midwest too and been happy with there customer service. I can tell you Morebeer stands up to there products very well. I had a few items break 90+ days after I bought them and Morebeer replaced the items free of charge! A+ to the Online Homebrew vendors.

Just figured I'd mention that Sat. I ordered up some goods from Austin Homebrew, and was sent an EMAIL confirmation that the order has already been pulled and boxed, to be picked up by UPS Monday AM.
Very quick -didn't think anyone did anything in warehouses on sundays.

Back