Kegging more than 5 gallons at a time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guthriemt

Reaction score
So I've been brewing and kegging my root beer for a couple years now and have been brewing 5 gallon batches in my corny kegs in my kegorator. When I moved I've had a lot of people from back home want to purchase bottles of my root beer. I have all that I need to bottle, but with the aging that I do I can only produce 5 gallons every two weeks and the demand exceed what I can produce. So my question is this, does anyone have or know of a system that can force carb say, 20 gallons at a time? Or am I forced to buy more corny kegs and convert a freezer? I would really like to brew and force carb one 20 gallon batch in one container if I could. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
:mug: Matty

I second the larger corny kegs, since that way you don't need any new connections. I have a 10 gallon that I got from the HBT classifieds. They come up every now and again (probably 1 or 2 every couple months). I've seen 15 gallon cornies for sale, too (just not on HBT classifieds).

Maybe if you fill the kegs just shy of the gas in port, put pressure on one keg on the liquid out port, then jumper from that kegs gas in port to the second kegs liquid out port and keep daisychaining for however many you want to carb at once. The CO2 bubbling through solution should make it carb faster, and then the gas can be picked up and pushed through the next and so on.

It is the reverse of how bars serve out of kegs and the headspace on all kegs would be full of CO2 so it should work.

Maybe if you fill the kegs just shy of the gas in port, put pressure on one keg on the liquid out port, then jumper from that kegs gas in port to the second kegs liquid out port and keep daisychaining for however many you want to carb at once. The CO2 bubbling through solution should make it carb faster, and then the gas can be picked up and pushed through the next and so on.

It is the reverse of how bars serve out of kegs and the headspace on all kegs would be full of CO2 so it should work.

why not just get a CO2 manifold?

Thanks guys. Looks like my option is either 15 gallon corny or a sanke. Carbing multiple kegs at a time ruins the purpose as I'd have to make multiple batches of syrup instead of making one syrup for the single 15 gallon keg. So I'll be hustling my brew so I can buy a new keg :)

Back