FT: PtE for HT or other possible overrated IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjBrewer

Reaction score
Looking to conduct a blind test to see if these IPAs are "that good". I know that hype can diminish availability and sometimes these brews can be underwhelming given what some folks will trade for a limited distro brew.

Looking to conduct a blind test to see if these IPAs are "that good". I know that hype can diminish availability and sometimes these brews can be underwhelming given what some folks will trade for a limited distro brew.

Any beer deemed "the best" is going to be overrated and can't live up to its hype...doesn't mean it can't still be awesome. Is Heady overrated? Yup. Is it an awesome DIPA? Yup. It's "that good" and over-hyped all at the same time...not quite as over-hyped as PTE, though.

I just made a trade with an awesome forum member for some Boston area beers. Among the batch was Heady Topper (which I've not tried before), and like a crack addict looking for his next fix, I must have more. I've been on a quest to at least try all of the "acclaimed beer" list. There aren't too many beers on those lists that I think are as good as they say (look at any top 10 and I've tried most) but Pliny is a great beer. My philosophy is to taste everything at least once and decide yourself. Is Younger worth the hype? Is Westy? The economics of supply and demand can influence perception unfortunately.

You should try a beer called...wait for it....overrated IPA. It's by surly.

Back