Disappointment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbram

Reaction score
So I'm at a really nice hotel, with a really nice bar. I looked at their taps and noticed a couple Bell's offerings and ask what's on tap. Here's how the rest of the interaction unfolded..

Barkeep: "Nothing. Taps are being cleaned."

"What do you have in bottles?"

"Bud, Bud Light, Labatt Blue, Stella, Corona, Coors, Heineken."

"I thought I saw a Bell's Two Hearted bottle on display?"

"No, that isn't Bell's."

So now I'm thinking that unless someone else started calling their beer Two hearted and putting a picture of a trout on it, I'm pretty sure it's Bell's, so I just say "whatever you call it, I'll have one of those."

They guy brings it over, and sure enough it is Bell's. He then proceeds to produce a very frosted mug and pour my freezing cold beer slowly into a freezing cold mug producing absolutely no head, then hands it to me.

What the hell is wrong with people??????

Not everyone on this planet is a beer geek like we are, or even mildly interested in beer, beer styles, and beer culture. To a lot of folks including bartenders, beer is.........beer.

Something you drink, burp and then piss away.

First world problems. *shrug*

It might have been a really nice hotel bar---but, it was still a hotel bar. May have better luck at the pub down the street.

I think my frustration was more due to the poor customer service than the ridiculous pour. Why would you argue with a customer about whether or not a bottle of Bell's is in fact a bottle of Bell's? And why would you not tell someone what you have when they ask, especially when the menu urges you to "Ask about our impressive selection of fine Michigan craft beers." The pour was adding insult to injury.

Wow, he brought you a mug without being asked? That rarely happens in the local bar.

I don't mind if they sometimes bring me a frosty mug. I like cold beer and I can always wait for it to warm up. If you know you are going to have more than 1, have them bring the second one over and tell them this time bring a room temp glass.

Back