Cigar City Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
Cigar City Brewing

Sep 28, 2012 02:00

Cigar City Brewing's Friday tour at 2:00pm. Tours are $5, which you will pay in person in CCB's tasting room. For 5 bucks you get a tour by a professional tour guide, a pint of beer, AND you get to keep the pint glass!

Cigar City Brewing
3924 W Spruce Street, St. A
Tampa 33607

Going to Clearwater to chatch up with some friends for the SBI Races, so while I am in town, I'll be stopping by CCB.

Anyone been there before?

Went there a few months ago. Place is awesome. Really nice guys. Talked with some of them after the tour about homebrewing.. When we were there they were getting ready to put in the canning line, so maybe they will give tours of that now too.

I live on the other side of the bridge and frequent there. Great place with nice people. The tasting room is great and they are doing an expansion and will have almost 50 taps. They make some amazing beers. While you are in the area, you should check out some of the other local breweries and beer joints.

Ok the brewery and the tap room need some work done to both, but the beer is really good. The first pic I bought the first day, second one went back the next day to bring back home.

2012-09-28 17.20.17.jpg

Great brewery great beer, only beef I have with them is their obsession with Simcoe. For some reason I hate the aroma/flavor of that hop.

I live about 30 min away from them, only been once. Nice place, dunno why I don't go more often

Anyway, be sure to try the Maduro, and their Jai Alai IPA is great (pronounce Hai A-Lie, so you don't sound like a tourist)

I went on the tour there a few months ago. The tour guide was awesome, she was an assistant brewer at a smaller local place and worked at Cigar City too. The only people on the tour were homebrewers so we got an 'advanced' tour, way more in depth than your standard "this is how beer is made" tour. It was fantastic.

It reminded me a lot of Ithaca Brewing Co. a few years ago... great beer, cool vibe, and relatively small facility with massive expansion plans due to exploding demand.

Dunedin brewery was cool too. Obviously it is in Dunedin. I happened to go when they were having their anniversary and got try a bunch of their stuff. Not too bad. Never been to Cigar City, but I have heard good things.

I live 2 hours south in Fort Myers & have made quite a few trips up. CCB is great about letting you mosy around and talk beer with the brewers and staff. On a few occassions I asked to go check out the brewery and was kind of handed off to an assistant brewer who, after knowing I was a homebrewer, invited be back and showed me the ins and outs of everything. The OKAD firkins they drop from their pilot system are awesome too.

The thing that keeps me going back is that their regulars are top notch beers. They don't just do crazy ****, they actually have perfected their base and flagship offerings, mostly to style. Kind of like a work hard, play hard mentallity.

They are expanding their tap room to 40 something taps and they are also opening a new brew pub in north Tampa where they will also be serving their new line of ciders and meads. They have been doing some collaboration with B nectar.

Back