What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking my Home brewed Ferocious IPA, and reading Bringing Metal to the Children (Zakk Wylde's book). I need to stop for a while, because I'm getting really tipsy. Well, maybe one more....

My first batch from my electric brewery (Kal's system)... a simple Blonde Ale with oatmeal

Black Pug Blonde Ale.

It has a nice light hop aroma, but the taste is less pronounced... slight hop taste.

Color is nice with a hint of haziness (due to the oatmeal).

Head retention is really nice.

Overall, I am very happy with the inaugural brew!

The beer is lighter than it appears in the photos since the backgrounds were dark. The last photo (almost empty) shows more of the real color.

blonde1st%20%281%29.jpg

blonde1st%20%282%29.jpg

blonde1st%20%283%29.jpg

blonde1st%20%285%29.jpg

I've always wanted to tackle some big stripers. Or a marlon. Always makes me think of quint "he's a big dumb fish,he's gone under the boat!" kinda thing. I'm currently drinking my last Rivertown wit ale. Next up,some bud light,since it is hot again today. Can't wait till those bottles of summer shandy are ready.

Welche's Rocket fuel...I'm pretty lit after 3 glasses of wine (it was 12 cans of white grape + 10lb of surgar) OG was 1.12 SG was 1.01ish...its potent.

Green Flash Double Stout.I love reusing Greenflashes sturdy nice looking bottles,but they suck to get a bottle brush into.I think i retired reusing them because of that.Oh well dont really need them anyway.I have enough homebrew bottles in circulation to probably outlast me.
Also had my GNR Ipa- galena,nelson sauvon,Rakuu.Holy fruithops beerman. Very nice. Worked out well.

My Gale Force IPA. It's way too green at 5 days since kegging, but that makes it so much better when it reaches its prime.

my own belgian golden strong....won silver in nhc san diego this year and was supposed to send last 3 bottles to seattle for finals yesterday but forgot. I emailed the supervisor since tasting is still 10 days out. I'm sure as hell not sending them if they aren't going to judge them.

Bridgeport Dark Rain. I'm not sure about this one yet. Picked up a 6'er so I'm hoping it grows on me. Apparently it's a "Black PA" and not a CDA. I think because I live for big, malty, chewy beers that this leaves me wanting something more like that. Maybe this just isn't my style, I don't know. Glad I tried this, but likely won't be buying this again.

Back