Auber 2352 Settings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesecake

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my auber pid....it was working fine yesterday for boiling...

well i did the auto tune and now in manual mode the element still turns on and off instead of staying on. i cant keep a constant boil...

thanks for all the help

Check to make sure the OutH setting is 100, this limits the maximum output of the PID.

If it is in manual mode, press set once till you see the M###, then adjust the manual output setpoint to 100 or what ever it is you boil at.

Out H is 100

I set it in manual and the element still shuts off

What do you have the manual set point at? Press the Set button once and it should change to something less than 100. once it does press the up button till it goes to 100.

at 100 it stays on anything less and it cycles

Thats how it works. It doesn't change the line voltage if that is what you are thinking.

In the configs t is the cycle time. Which is defaulted to 2 seconds.

This sets the 100% duty cycle. so if you change the manual output to 10% the element will turn on for .2 sec and stay off for 1.8s.

If you are using an SSR you can set it to 0 which is .5s. The pulses will be much quicker.

Its wierd it never did that the whole testing process it seemed to change the line voltage because it would stay on the whole time at desired set amount.....

Its a 4500 watt 240 element proboil volume was 7.5 gallons and i ended up boiling off to about 4 gallons

I am using a 25 amp SSR

Cutting it a little close for that SSR but it's a resistive load so it's not too bad.

you should be able to maintain a light boil at the volume with 4500W at 60% or so. Your t variable is too big. Set it to 0.

ok i was able to maintain a boil a about 75 with the t variable at 2 but it was very week when the element shut off

I appreciate the help

Not a problem guy. Shortening the duration of t will smooth out the temp fluctuations and give yah a more consistent boil.

Back