Starting My New Single Tier Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy-Popp

Reaction score
So I have been on HBT for about a year now, moslty just reading and learning. Well i have now decided to make a new single tier brew stand. I modeled mine from the one that Robert A. Haskell made. Brewery Construction dot com. I decided i didnt want the second higher tier. Maybe i can use just one pump, or get 2 when needed. So anyway here are some pictures of what I Did today. Hope they upload ok.

well that was easy enough, guess I had one too many Hop Devils last night...

IMG_20130226_231454.jpg

IMG_20130227_132728.jpg

IMG_20130227_143232.jpg

IMG_20130227_154226.jpg

IMG_20130227_155931.jpg

I just put castors on the bottom, and did a test area to see if I liked the stain color i chose. cant wait to keep working away on it

Im not totally sure how am I going to put the rims tube into the rotation though. I still have more reading on which PID to get, as well as how and where I will put the thromcouple in. It seems to be comming together well. After I finish my second coat of stain and a coat of poly, I will run cpvc piping along the backside with ball valves, to allow me to fill my tanks with them. I will just connect my garden hose to the back piping and have a water source for the brew.

I am also using a piece of flat steel across the left and right sections to hopefully mount the burners to, then i will wrap some aluminum sheets around the interior of the left and right sections to prevent any scorching of the wood.

So its been awhile since i have posted or worked on my brew rig. Well I am finally itching to get back into homebrewing.

For now Ill add some pictures I have taken.

I still have a few more details to iron out.
Im still undecided on some of my liquid movement, but I think I may have decided on what to do.

Im going to add in a second pump to pump rinse water over the grains after the mash is done.

I have the first pump moving the flow of wort during the mash then I will use that pump to fill the boil kettle.

IMG_20131006_011250.jpg

IMG_20140105_160816.jpg

IMG_20140202_173532.jpg

IMG_20140202_174421.jpg

IMG_20140202_174457.jpg

Back