Honey brew beer problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaaybeer

Reaction score
Hi all I have a newbie question and a mistake. I'm wondering if anyone can help. I made a brew of honey beer and forgot to take og. My fg is about 1001. Is there a way I calculating alcohol level. I used 1kg honey and 200g of light brown sugar. Any help please would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

That's the beer kit I used

To make 23 litres

image-3438697447.jpg

Too many unknowns to solve the equation. Like, what's in the kit? Showing us a picture of it doesn't tell me what I need to know.

But, here are some guesstimates: Honey is rather variable, but a kilo will probably add about .015 to the gravity of a 23L batch. The brown sugar will add about .004. That's the best I can do, not knowing what the OG would have been without those additions.

Thanks for that. The kit was a cheapy only 9.95€. So I wasn't expecting much but it doesn't even have ingredients on it or on the website I bought it from. I know it was dumb forgetting the og. The difficulty with all the unknowns must be why there is so few replies. Thanks again I appreciate it : ) slainte.

Back