Ruby street brewing system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathlabrob

Reaction score
Does anyone own or have any experience with the Ruby Street Brewing system? My local brewing supply store is selling it and I'm wondering how it ranks with other systems out there. It cost $2400 and comes with three 10 gal stainless pots. Any constructive input is appreciated.

When I was researching form my new rig I looked at them and liked what I saw. It is a complete setup for a decent price. I ended up going with the Top Tier because I wanted the flexablity with the system and was easier for me to add things down the road. This is not a knock on Ruby Street. Top flight system for the money.

My local HBS has one situation right inside the front door. I was up there dropping off beer for an upcoming comp and was able to check it out. I'll be honest, for the size pots they are supplying on that setup, I would have expected a burner with some more "oomph". Looks like it would take a while to get anything up to a boil with that burner size. Just my .02

My local HBS has one situation right inside the front door. I was up there dropping off beer for an upcoming comp and was able to check it out. I'll be honest, for the size pots they are supplying on that setup, I would have expected a burner with some more "oomph". Looks like it would take a while to get anything up to a boil with that burner size. Just my .02

I work at the store dfess1 mentions. It's fun to look at the system everyday. All the guys in the store seem to like it but did mention the surprisingly small burners as well. I'd still love to have one. If only I wasn't married...

I was at the same said store. Looks interesting...wondering how much the 30G system runs and how much freight runs. I've been looking at a few systems lately like the Ruby, Morebeer, TopTier, etc. On the MoreBeer systems, the MoreBeer's website won't even give me a freight price and their freight price in state is like $250 to $400. I can't imagine what it would be shipping it across the country (CA to PA).

I know with Ruby Street they don't ship directly to you. You have to purchase the system through your home brew store. I was quoted $2500 for the ten gallon and $3200 for the mega system. I listed the break down below. Again this was through one of the home brew stores in the area. Included shipping to the store. Hope this helps.

RUBY STREET BREWING SYSTEM ....................$2,475.00
Features:
* All welded steel tube frame construction with industrial powder
coated finish on frame
* Burner grates finished in black with a 2000 degree industrial
coating
* (3) 15.5 Gallon 304 Stainless Steel Kettles w/ Lids
* Stainless steel flexible gas lines
* Propane regulator including 4' stainless braided hose included
* Magnetic drive pump included with stainless steel drip shield and
stainless outflow control valve
* All sanitary tri-clamp fittings on mash tun, boil kettle, and pump.
* Silicone hoses with fittings included (7' x 1/2" outflow hose will
fill conicals on tall legs)
* Both boil kettle and mash tun include 18 gauge perforated false
bottoms, and 1/2" stainless steel dip tubes
* All legs feature non-surface marring plastic feet
* Unique design allows system to stand on end for storage, only 43" x
26" on end, 72" tall
* Complete system stands at 61" to top of HLT, comfortable and safe
height requires no step stool or ladder
* Includes complete owners manual with operating instructions and
warranty information

THE MEGA RUBY BREWING SYSTEM .................... $3,199.00
The larger capacity system will easily brew 20+ gallon batches.
Features:
* All welded steel tube frame construction with industrial powder coated
finish on frame
* Burner grates finished in black with a 2000 degree industrial coating
* (3) 30.5 Gallon 304 Stainless Steel Kettles w/ Lids
* Stainless steel flexible gas lines
* Propane regulator including 4' stainless braided hose included
* Magnetic drive pump included with stainless steel drip shield and
stainless outflow control valve
* All sanitary tri-clamp fittings on HLT, mash tun, boil kettle, and pump.
* Silicone hoses with fittings included (7' x 1/2" outflow hose will fill
conicals on tall legs)
* Mash Tun includes 16 gauge perforated false bottom, dial thermometer, and
1/2" stainless steel dip tube
* Boil kettle includes a domed screen and 1/2" stainless steel dip tube
* All legs feature non-surface marring plastic feet
* Unique design allows system to stand on end for storage
* Includes complete owner's manual with operating instructions and warranty
information

We get them drop shipped to customers directly. There is a 10% charge if you buy our floor model.

I just got the Mega

Unpacked it yesterday and will fire it up this weekend.

On first look, I'm VERY pleased. She's well constructed and has everything I was looking for, like the 10" banjos

I have been using a keggle, so 20 gallons will be a step up - but one I'm looking forward to

I just got the Mega

Unpacked it yesterday and will fire it up this weekend.

On first look, I'm VERY pleased. She's well constructed and has everything I was looking for, like the 10" banjos

I have been using a keggle, so 20 gallons will be a step up - but one I'm looking forward to

How do you like the Mega so far. I am about to pull the trigger on the standard.

I would love to hear more about the Ruby systems! Pictures during brew and boil times would be great to hear.

I would love to throw down the cash on one, but I like to over think everything. So maybe I will research them for another year, and then get one... LOL!

Latest posts

Back