Inline digital thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Sparky

Cowboys EAC
Reaction score
I've heard about the thrumometer. I ran across this and was wondering if anyone uses one.

The only thing I see that's questionable is the operating temperature range (max 158F). Does that mean you'll damage it if you run boiling wort through it or it just won't register that high, which wouldn't really be an issue. While you're chilling, it won't see temps that high, but I recirculate through my CFC for several minutes at the end of the boil to sanitize it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330177535410&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI
7fd6_1.JPG
7f09_1.JPG

I'd be concerned about accuracy-- those digitals aren't the best. Don't know what happens when you overheat them.

Looks cool - I'd say just make sure you have your cooling water running full out before you start the wort flow. The wort should be plenty within range then.

That having been said, I have and love my thrumometer. Works with nothing to fail, and super easy to clean - the inside is just a polished tube.

:mug:

Back