• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

E-HLT w/ Ranco Temp Controller, and Banjo Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudy0498

Reaction score
I am upgrading my rig and selling some things that I won't need anymore. Everything is about a year old and has been used half a dozen times or so:

Banjo Burner w/ Stand $50 + shipping: ***SOLD***

E-HLT: $80 + shipping (***minus the Ranco which is SOLD***)
- 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler w/SS ball valve fitting
- SS ball valve fitting (quick disconnect is not included)
- 1500w 120v element with lock nut and cord:
- Thermowell from Brewer's Hardware (not pictured but it's there):

********Note****** I will also sell the thermowell and element assembly separately for $50 shipped if you already have an HLT or don't want to pay for shipping an item that big! I can just trash the cooler and re-use the fitting on my new HLT.

The HLT is great for for set-and-forget heating of strike/sparge water. You can fill it up and set the temp a couple hours before starting your brew session and you don't have to baby sit it. It also works on a 120v circuit so you don't need anything special in your panel to operate it. I built it with the intention of adding a HERMS coil into it, but never got around to it.

NOTE: in the last picture you'll see that there is a hole drilled above the ball valve with a stopper in it. I used to have a thermometer probe going through hole before I added the thermowell. It doesn't leak or anything...just wanted to point that out.

IMG00065-20100705-2306.jpg

IMG00066-20100705-2307.jpg

IMG00067-20100705-2308.jpg

any idea the shipping on the Banjo burner to 19146?

UPS ground appears to be about $20 based on what the manufacturer says the weight and dimensions are.

If anyone else wants to calculate, my zip is 46112 and enter the following details:

Weight: 26 lbs
Dimensions: 17" X 13" X 13"

I don't have the money to buy this. I would, however, be very interested in seeing some more detailed pictures of all the installed components. I would definitely like to build one myself. I already have the cooler and temp controller.

I don't have the money to buy this. I would, however, be very interested in seeing some more detailed pictures of all the installed components. I would definitely like to build one myself. I already have the cooler and temp controller.

If you want, I'll sell the Heat Stick assembly and the thermowell for $50 shipped. All you would need is 2 hole saw bits to install it. I can sell or reuse the other stuff separately and just trash the cooler.

Back