1st batch, 1st Label, Comments?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSlinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I want you to keep this in mind as you look at my labels so I have had these goals:

1. Practicality: I’m laminating these labels so that they can be reused.
2. Practicality: Only one will have the recipe label and that bottle is retired to contest to a triumph or disaster.
3. Practicality: Label must be waterproof.
4. Practicality: Glue must be water resistant and easy to remove.
5. Practicality: I only have a Black and White printer so I can’t use color (I haven’t upgraded to color laser).
6. Fun: I meant this label to be funny…If its not, I’d really like a comment on how to make it humorous…Personally, I’d almost like them to be like fortune cookies where you read the label in somewhat silly fascination.

Basically, the idea behind this is due to my own personality. I know when I just talk to different people; I’m often asked “what I have been up to?” I often say “SH&#”. Well with that in mind, I’m thinking about what I’m doing now with brewing and I think of the many things that I want to do and taste; often this is so numerous to express so you could almost ask the same thing again…”What are you brewing?”…a whole lotta’ BullSh%#...

So with that in mind, I offer these labels….

1470988244_l.jpg
1470988999_l.jpg

It's a cool idea, but I'm not sure I'd want to drink something with a picture of a bull on a toilet. It just doesn't say "Appetizing" to me.

homebrewer_99 said:
I just came through BC on my way home from De-Toilet last week...could have done a beer swap...oh, well.:D

I like the label...both sides...well done.

Someone already asked, but what software did you use?

Paint Shop Pro......and alot of experience from web graphics.......

Usually if I can find it, I can use it.......the problem is finding it.....

That's OK.....it was my first time and I really wasn't too proud of this run.......not to say that it was bad.....it had no off tastes or anything funky going on but it was just your run of the mill Boston Ale.....you could have had almost the same experience by getting a Sam Adams.....

I hope to do something much tastier next time........But i'm boggeling because i'm not really ready to mash yet.....I'd like to have a few brews under my belt before I try that but every recipe I like has mashing involved.......so i'm planning to gear up so I'll be lucky if I get to do my next batch by summer......

Back