Good Article on Growlers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet, I was just talking to someone at work the other day about the origin of the Growler, now i can send the Idiot something to read.

Cheers

Thanks for posting the article. Good read.

I've often wondered whether you could turn a growler into a minicask system. I just think it'd be nice to be able to set up a baby cask system without having to dedicate full cornies of homebrew. Two or three growlers for a weekend-only (Fri-Sun) cask system would be just about right.

Put in a little carbing solution, it won't hold a lot of head with the cheap plastic caps, but will give it a slight head- just like a real ale should have.

No refrigeration needed...a couple taps, a bit of ice, and you're good for the weekend.

Bear Republic has the plastic gallons available. Nice, but since the legal-speak is on the cardboard container, refills can be a problem. I still have two & use them occasionally.

Latest posts

Back