Last effiency question (I promise...fingers crossed)...)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tireater

Reaction score
I took 9 lbs Pilsner malt...1/2 lb Munich 10...1/2 lb carpilis...1/4lb honey malt.....and 1/2 lb rice husks...
I got 1.063 for 5 3/8 gal...What is the overall effiency of the brewhouse...The beer thief was very tasty...

I started checking it out today...It takes me longer to figure this stuff out...
I have a real bad case of ADHD...
Sorry if you think I was asking a question for no reason...
Let me rephrase...Can anyone exept a beer fag answer this question...What's my effiency..?
I know beer fags are much too busy...

I started checking it out today...It takes me longer to figure this stuff out...
Let me rephrase...Can anyone exrpt a beer fag answer this question...What's my effiency..?

no need to be an ahole. Unless im mistaken your looking at upwards of 80 according to promash. Seriously though get a trial of either promash or beersmith. They are indispensable...hes right

Let me rephrase...Can anyone exrpt a beer fag answer this question...What's my effiency..?

This ain't the way to go to get questions answered. Not anywhere!

ADHD? Sounds more like tourettes syndrome

And FWIW, I like running some numbers myself, maybe its the engineer in me but blindly plugging in stuff in a calculator doesn't always do it for me. I do use some basic calculators found here:

Mash Calculators

Thanks alot...I may avg 87% on on back to back AG batches...
But I really have no idea what's going on with most of this stuff... yet!!!
It takes me alot of repeating for things to bust into my long term memory...Then I remember them forever...
Why would a person take the time to explain...FO...I'm busy...Figure it out yourself...
Sounds like there are a few people here who I would not care to share a brew with...
Call yourself any name you are comfortable with...I'm moving on...:mug:

If you have not met a 'beer fag'...Stop by a HBS..
One will be along in a few minutes...

I assume it is like a bus...There is a wierdo on every bus...

If you can't find them...It's you...

what method are you using to get +85% efficiency? Batch sparge, hybrid fly sparge.....herms....rims...?

I put a thread in DIY called 5 gal MLT...
Power stiring and steam injection thru copper drain...
I remove all bubbles pre hop additions...
The wart bubbles like it is VERY sweet...like sugar...not water...
We are VERY accurate as far as gallons and qty of ingredients...
This is my 4th A.G. batch...21st batch in 60 days...I am not working now...
But I usually am a bouncer or urchin diver...I'm 6'1" and 250...
I don't need smack talk...from some misfits..

I don't like you. That is all.

Just so you don't lose any sleep over this...

I have enough friends to think twice before I dilute my friend pool...with 'friend posers'...
When everything is art...nothing is art...
When everyone is your friend...You have no friends...
I value my friends...I am on this sight to learn to make beer...
Not play with keyboard commandos, trolls and turds with no real friends...

Sometimes I regret things I type in the middle of the night...Not this time...I have no use for trolls...

Are you serious?? Maybe eating all of those tires has got to your brain. Not sure why you have to be so rude to people on here. Everyone is trying to help you out and each response you post you are just more and more of a D. No offense, but I think the next "Last effiency question (I promise...fingers crossed)" post will be ignored by many of the "beer fags" in the forum.

If someone holds back that I can mark my kettle with a light saber...I can live with that...
I certainly can ignore the clowns that answer every question I pose with smack talk...
It's just beer...not rocket science...Why do some consider themselves 'beer gods'...
And hold themselves above others...?...... Sort of sad really...

I'll attempt to get this thread back on track...

To figure efficiency, you need to know the max PPG of each malt your using, you then multiply that number by the amount in pounds that you are using, then divide that by how much wort you get in the fermenter, so...

Pils 37 x 9=333/5.375=62
Munich 35 x .5=17.5/5.375=3.25
Carapils 32 x .5=16/5.375=3
Honey Malt 34 x .25=8.5/5.375=1.6( I guessed at 34 because it not on my PPG chart)

You're max OG would have been about 1.070 if you got 100% extraction. Your actual was 1.063, you then divide your actual 63 by the max 70, and you get 90%.

I would assume though, that you planned on collecting 5 gallons rather than 5 3/8's. That would make your max 1.075, making your efficiency 84%. Either way it's damn good. This is Palmer's method of figuring efficiency and I use his numbers from How to Brew. I hope this helps.

Thanks alot...I tried Beer Smith yesterday and didn't get very far with it...
I'll try again today...Once I figure something out..I remember it forever...
I have to write a thought down within 10 seconds or the thought goes away...
And is replaced by a 'better' thought...repeated endlessly...every 10 seconds...ADHD sucks...!

Reason being, tireater, that every time you brew and want to know your efficiency, you'll come back and post asking us about. Now, looking at all of the threads you've started, you've gotten a lot of help from HBT.com. ON top of it all, you ALREADY asked this question.

A lot of folks have suggested Brewsmith or something and you shrugged them off.

Yankee was nice enough to hand out a freebie and Zane gave you links to work it out. Here's Palmer's page on it with the math broken down and be nice.

Thanks...I'm trying...It has almost always been impossible for me to understand books...
I have to see it done and I can repeat it endlessly...That's how I learned to fix Harleys...

I can see someone not wanting to answer a noob question...But...
Why would that same person take the time to smack talk....
Or even say...God helps them that help themselves....
If you can't say something nice...Why say anything at all...?
And in real life...I never seem to meet a keyboard commando...
They probably home playing with the 'light saber' and pretending to have a life on line...

Do you have a love affair with periods......

It makes it really hard to read. That and all the insults you hurl at people trying to help.

Thanks...I'm trying...It has almost always been impossible for me to understand books...
I have to see it done and I can repeat it endlessly...That's how I learned to fix Harleys...

They probably home playing with the 'light saber' and pretending to have a life on line...

Don't you see that you are totally contradicting yourself here? You obviously didn't like Joety's answer to your initial question, but why not just take the high road and ignore it? If you think his answer was talking smack, then I'd really hate to see what happens when someone talks some serious S&^T to you or wrongs you in some way. I hope you don't get this pissed off in your day to day life.

Trust me, people here want to help, they are passionate about this Hobby, they are smart and very experienced. My brewing has gone to a new level since I joined.

First step mash day...Hit 1.050 with 5.5 gal and 9 lbs of grain....
We could drink it now..it tastes good...!
Don't tell me the answer...I will figure it out after I visit a woman who crashed her bike...Totaled it!

Let me rephrase...Can anyone exept a beer fag answer this question...What's my effiency..?

If you have not met a 'beer fag'...Stop by a HBS..
One will be along in a few minutes...

I assume it is like a bus...There is a wierdo on every bus...

If you can't find them...It's you...

Just so you don't lose any sleep over this...

I have enough friends to think twice before I dilute my friend pool...with 'friend posers'...
When everything is art...nothing is art...
When everyone is your friend...You have no friends...
I value my friends...I am on this sight to learn to make beer...
Not play with keyboard commandos, trolls and turds with no real friends...

Sometimes I regret things I type in the middle of the night...Not this time...I have no use for trolls...

If someone holds back that I can mark my kettle with a light saber...I can live with that...
I certainly can ignore the clowns that answer every question I pose with smack talk...
It's just beer...not rocket science...Why do some consider themselves 'beer gods'...
And hold themselves above others...?...... Sort of sad really...

You know, no one reported this thread to the moderators, but you guys should have. This is NOT the way to talk to people around here. We've been patient and helpful, and you've used used slurs and nastiness as a response. This will NOT be tolerated. Come back in a day or two when you can "play nice".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back