Increased Beer Consumption

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stew!Brew!

Reaction score
So does anybody notice a rise in their Brewing/Beer consumption during the winter months. Or during any other times of the year?

Not here, we have the rainy season and the not so rainy season. I did notice an increase when I built my kegerator though. Does that count?

Are you sure it is not just the election season? This election has got me drinking more.

But, yes. I find it much easier to have more than a couple beers in the cooler weather.

Allow me to be contrary. I drink more during the summer months because I'm not working as much. Sitting around watching TV and drinking beer is a pipe dream for me during the winter. Way too busy at work.

Definitely!

Wait, No.

Like Joe, if I drink tooo much I get the sp......Oh. He didn;t say that did he?

Ummm..Okay.

I used to be pretty conservative. When the keezer was outside I found it to be a chore to go "out there" to get a beer. Now, it's like 3 foot from my sofa in the TV room so, I am assured to have up to several pints before beddy-by-time.

This has also prompted me to brew more.

The weather may have a little contribution to motivate me as well but, I am not so sure anout that either because I have yet to brew the fall. For certain it will be more comfy in the garage while heating and boilung but, I dread the cleanup bit.

Brrr. Cold and wet does not appeal to me at all.

My consumption goes up and down without respect for the seasons. I go down to where the keg fridge is, fill my glass, go back up to the living room, then the beer goes down me, then I get up and go back downstairs again...

I do find myself brewing more during the cold months. I think it's mostly because there's so much less yardwork in the winter, I have a lot more free time on the weekends.

I find that I drink more since i got the keg setup but I cant say that I drink more one season or another. I am an equal opportunity season drinker. :fro:

SD

Mine definitely rises come holiday time. Halloween through New Years I drink more than any other time of the year, so I guess its a seasonal thing but I always felt like it centered around the celebrating of holidays.

I've got two opposing trends: hot weather - more beer is needed to stay hydrated, cool weather - more seasonals to drink.

Yeah im actually now in Far Northern California, as opposed to what my profile says( San Diego). Now that the rain is starting to kick in I find myself drinking more during indoor down time.

my beer consumption just plain rises! In the winter I drink more and in the summer I drink more than that and next winter I'll drink even more. I don't know what's going on but I'm headed for something awesome! :rockin:

probably liver failure! :(

Perhaps a little bit during football season. I usually have several pints during a game while during the summer I'm more likely to be outside doing something.

The rest of the winter does not have much effect on my drinking.

Craig

I cant really say, on one hand you have summer when I am drinking at the lake or BBQ, on the other hand you have winter when I am inside drinking due to bad weather or outside drinking because me and my buddies like to get a 12 pack and drink in the snow storms. I guess looking back at what I have just typed I drink a lot all year round.

Back