Cascade and Golding Crowns need new owners (South Central Wisconsin)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roye

Reaction score
I have two 5 year old hop crowns (Cascade and Golding) on my dad's land in Janesville, WI that I will be pulling out because they are too much work to maintain with me living in Chicago. I may also have rhizomes as when I remove the other plants that are already claimed. The other plants are CTZ, Centennial, Fuggle and Ultra. I expect to do the gardening once the ground thaws (Mid March - Mid April).

Let me if you are interested in the crowns (or rhizomes). I can probably set up a drop at my dad's bar in Janesville or possibly haul them back to Chicago.

Wouldn't be looking for much crazy in trade, just a reward for my labor (homebrew or just beer).

I'm up in Sheboygan county. I'd be interested in setting something up this spring. I get down in the lake County area in Illinois, once the lakes thaw.

Let me know.

I'm up in Sheboygan county. I'd be interested in setting something up this spring. I get down in the lake County area in Illinois, once the lakes thaw.

Let me know.

What I could do is pull the crown and put it in a pickle bucket and store it in my dad's walk in. Then you can pick it up in Janesville. Not a short drive from Plymouth, but not terrible either.

I could probably do the same with rhizomes, just cut a bunch and put them in buckets. Pick em up there.

I'd like to try to get down there during the week, when I'm driving around for work. Or, a colleague of mine has lots of family in Chicago. We could maybe work something out that way too.

I'll check where he's from tomorrow. I'll also check our customers in the Janesville area to see if we can set something up that way.

Also, if someone else in your area(s) is an easier exchange, I'd completely understand.

The late spring has the ground pretty unworkable. Still probably a few weeks from being able to pull these guys. Will keep those that are interested updated.

I am also very interested. I live just outside chicago and would go out of my way to get some.

Thanks for the updates!

Hi, I am in the Madison area, which is a pretty short shot down to Janesville. I have cascade, but I would be interested in the Golding, if you haven't given it away yet. Let me know how to get a hold of these guys. Cheers, UWbucky.

Roye,

Count me out. There are too many other people closer to you, that you could hook up with for much less hassle.

Thanks again,

I am enjoying the beach in St John right now. I tried to find time before I left to pull the plants but came down with a stomach virus the one weekend I had free to get up to Wisco. I will keep people updated when they get pulled.

@Bucky I need to check but I think the Golding is available. At the least I should be able to hook you up with a large cutting.

Thanks! That would be great. I will watch for an update. Enjoy the trip...snow is in our forecast, if that makes you feel better, lol. cheers.

Back