Homebrewing Blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. If you don't have a link to your blog in your sig, most of the forum won't know it exists.

Also: posted en entry yesterday with my newest labels (and yeah, I'm pretty proud of them).

Yep. If you don't have a link to your blog in your sig, most of the forum won't know it exists.

Also: posted en entry yesterday with my newest labels (and yeah, I'm pretty proud of them).

I really like the custom bottle caps! The labels are sick too!

mewithstewpid said:
really nice blog, especially the pics. what camera do you use????

I added you site to my blogroll

-rich

Thanks rich! I use an Olympus E-PL2 with a few different lenses. For beer, I usually use the 20mm f/1.7 pancake lens. It's a great camera!

I just put up a new post... and I also plan on checking through the blogroll and reading all your updates as well. Cheers to all!

finally got another post up...for my most recent brew - a 100% Brett fermented farmhouse ale with raw spelt, red wheat and quinoa!

finally got another post up...for my most recent brew - a 100% Brett fermented farmhouse ale with raw spelt, red wheat and quinoa!

Very cool, JLem - I'll be interested to see how this one turns out. I had no idea that Brett starters were supposed to take longer... but then, I haven't considered a sour yet.

nice post and recipe. I added you to my blogroll.

let us know how this one turns out!

Thanks. I will definitely let folks know how this one turns out...just not sure when that will be! Hopefully I can be a little better about posting to the blog in the meantime.

Very cool, JLem - I'll be interested to see how this one turns out. I had no idea that Brett starters were supposed to take longer... but then, I haven't considered a sour yet.

There's a good thread going over in the Lambic & Wild Brewing forum on this particular yeast (WLP644) with folks talking about this. Also, Chad Yacobsen of the Crooked Stave Project (www.CrookedStave.com) was on the BRewing Network a few months ago discussing his use of Brett and how it goes through these sort of growth-plateau-growth cycles. He may also mention this in an article he wrote for one of the recent Zymurgy issues. This is my first attempt using Brett like this, so I've been trying to gather up as much info as I can on the topic. :mug:

I should point out too that Brett doesn't really give that much, if any, sourness to the beer. For that you really need bacteria like Lacto and/or Pedio.

More knowledge, yay me. What's the draw for brett, then?

Different flavors - earthy, fruity (tropical and cherry), funky, barnyard...depending on the strain and how it is used. It can provide some sourness, but sour beers usually need more than just Brett.

Different flavors - earthy, fruity (tropical and cherry), funky, barnyard...depending on the strain and how it is used. It can provide some sourness, but sour beers usually need more than just Brett.

I just put up a post a few days ago on my first attempt at a 100% brett beer. :mug:

I'm really glad I found this post. I recently started homebrew blogging, and I've been keeping an eye open for others doing the same.

I'll start watching the blogs mentioned in this post - thanks for posting, guys!

Making up for some lost time...two new posts up, a week apart! Woo-hoo. Tasting notes from two of my Spring brews - a Dusseldorf Alt and a beautiful (if I do say so myself) Kolsch.

I actually have some time the next few weeks, so I am hoping I can keep up the pace of a post per week...at least for a little while. :mug:

Thansk for posting Kiss and JLem. Both blogs look great. Looks like I will finally be making the leap soon to a website. Will cost a bit of money but its all in preperation. Im going to be mkaing the big leap within the next 2 years it looks like. So its time to go after investors. Might as well give it a go. Brewing is all I think about anymore. If I dont give it a go I will never forgive myself..

Latest post is up. http://atomicdonkeybrewing.blogspot.com/2012/07/black-betty-and-hefe-plus-big-news.html

I'm really glad I found this post. I recently started homebrew blogging, and I've been keeping an eye open for others doing the same.

I'll start watching the blogs mentioned in this post - thanks for posting, guys!

added you to my blogroll.

nice work. i really like the scottish ale recipe. Im tweaking my current recipe and will definitely use some tips from yours.

I don't know many of you frequent StackExchange, but their homebrewing site had a nice list of blogs (some of which have gone inactive).

I added my blog and many of the ones I follow to the list here. If you've participated there, you can add your blog. If not, PM me and I'd be glad to!

Just getting started with mine if anyone wants to have a look... I need to get some pictures up there but trying to make it interesting... let me know what you think (link in my signature)

I just posted the tasting of an interesting blond I made with some flaked oats and smoked malt. Not sure if it is the smoked malt but has a hint of Bourbon taste on the back end which was surprising, at least to me. comments always welcomed

Just posted tasting notes on the Strawberry Blonde I made. I'll have a post or two coming up this week about my TSS2 temp controller and thermowells as I get ready to brew my first lager.

anyone interested in swapping links. having other sites linking to yours really helps with search engines. Also I'm interested in how much traffic you guys are getting if you track that. I started mine this week and i am getting about 20 visitors a day for the last few days which I think isn't terrible

Back