False Bottom question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the middle of compiling kegs to build my single tier rig. I looked around for false bottoms and have found a few and only one with a siphon hole.

I looked at Sabcos stuff, but man are they expensive...My friend has all sabco but anyway...

Can anyone out there recommend a god quality false bottom that isn't going to break my bank?

Thanks
Joe

These are being sold on ebay for only $25. He also sells a folding one similar to the sabco one for $70. I have not bought from this guy to vouch for him or anything but I am probably going to buy the folding one in a few weeks once I get my 3rd keggle ready.

Jaybird on HBT often sells his homemade FB's. I bought a full sized one that I use on my MT keggle and it works very well.

The Midwest cheap version has a 3/8" tube which might be restrictive if you are going to use March pumps. Having a full 15" hinged FB with 1/2" dip tube will increase flow/performance.

If you are a DIY'er and want to save $$$ you can modify this Amazon.com: Oxo Good Grips Splatter Screen with Folding Handle: Home & Garden I did one and used it several times and it works pretty well, I just decided I wanted one that was more robust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being he mentioned Sabco Arturo, I think he is looking for one to fit a Keggle. At $39 with a dip tube included, this false bottom for a keggle from Midwest Supplies is the least expensive I have seen to date: 11" Sanke Stainless Steel False Bottom :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

This is the one to which I referred. 10", includes fitting. Don't see why it wouldn't work. Cheaper and allows you to use flex tube to the drain.
10" Stainless Steel False Bottom :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

Back