Group Buy in Chicago #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to pick up a few sac's from bmasons and bring them north? Pretty please with cherry on top?

Anyone able to pick up a few sac's from bmasons and bring them north? Pretty please with cherry on top?

Where north? I live in Des Plaines and could probably go as far north as Antioch (I have a friend there that I can meet for a beer).

Clanchief, is it Bill (Begin2Brew)? I know he lives in Antioch and he normally picks up my grain and arcticz's grain from Chicago. If so that would be dope if you could bring it to Bill's as long as you and Bill would be okay with it. Arcticz usually picks up the grain from there. I'd have some homebrews (bottled from keg) for you guys :)

Clanchief, is it Bill (Begin2Brew)? I know he lives in Antioch and he normally picks up my grain and arcticz's grain from Chicago. If so that would be dope if you could bring it to Bill's as long as you and Bill would be okay with it. Arcticz usually picks up the grain from there. I'd have some homebrews (bottled from keg) for you guys :)

Not him, different guy that I'm friends with.

I'm happy to help out, depending on the quantity. I'll have to drop off at my house, and then head north from there, which is fine, assuming there's room in my car for all of it. I may be able to get my wife's SUV, but I'm not sure.

Clanchief, do you ever go to the tavern across from desplaines Metra? I'd say the name,but not sure if its against hbt rules. Next door to sugar bowl. It's my buddy's place, they have a pretty good selection of craft.

Anyone in the Lansing, South Holland, Munster area picking up from Bill already?

Is anyone having issues adding a standard 32oz Star San to their list? I click the plus (add) button and it says successfully added, but then doesn't show up on the list.

Clanchief, do you ever go to the tavern across from desplaines Metra? I'd say the name,but not sure if its against hbt rules. Next door to sugar bowl. It's my buddy's place, they have a pretty good selection of craft.

I don't. I know of it, and my wife has mentioned it to me, if we're thinking of the same place. I've wanted to check it out but just haven't gotten around to it. We've been in the area a little over a year now, and end up out in Schaumburg for dinner more often than Des Plaines.

This buy is looking smaller than the last one. Maybe people stocked up then. Anyway, remember this is the last buy for this year. Next one will commence in February for delivery in March.

bmason1623 said:
This buy is looking smaller than the last one. Maybe people stocked up then. Anyway, remember this is the last buy for this year. Next one will commence in February for delivery in March.

You did accentuate higher prices in the future.

That worst of 4 letter words (work) has severely impacted my brew schedule, I will make it till March from the last buy. I expect to be looking forward to that one though.

Same here; also planning on March. Didn't get to brew much over the summer so I still have most of the malt left from the last buy.

The mantra from the last one was to stock up, which I did. Still picking up a sack of vienna since it has recently become one of my favorite base malts, and I'm grabbing random splits that look interesting or where I can refill some of my speciality bins.

I just a approved requests for the ordering database for a few people. try logging in if you made a request since last night.

The mantra from the last one was to stock up, which I did. Still picking up a sack of vienna since it has recently become one of my favorite base malts, and I'm grabbing random splits that look interesting or where I can refill some of my speciality bins.

as of then, we weren't sure what our options were so it was suggested to stock up. glad people listened to me since nobody listens to me at home...

I stocked up last time as well and I haven't brewed all summer. Too much grain left at this point. I may look into some specialty splits though...

Is anyone ordering Mugwort?

Has anyone in the past that still has some?

I'd like a look at it, since it grows like crazy all over the city as a weed. If it's the same stuff, I might have to start harvesting it and drying it, to sell for $26/lb....

Just signed up. put me in coach i'm ready to play!

I'll do this in the morning. I just got back from spending the whole day at Great Lakes Brew Fest. This is by far the best beer fest of the year. Highly recommended.

Yeah, I expect the next one to be BIG. I over bought in the last one because I wasn't sure if there would be another, pulse I didn't brew much this summer. I might have take a look at the specialty splits so that I have an excuse to come over and sample everyone's homebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back