Perlick Perl Flow Control Faucets ON SALE! - Kegconnection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
THESE ARE NO LONGER ON SALE! Thanks to all those that purchased

We've got Perlick's newest Flow Control faucets on sale right now for only $39.95! click HERE (or the pic above) to be redirected for purchase. Below is some more info on the faucets:

Perlick makes a fantastic faucet and this particular model is especially innovative. A well-designed flow control knob makes it possible to increase and decrease the flow restriction within the faucet. This technology allows you to control the speed of your pour, making it the perfect Perlick faucet for pouring small samples, high carbonation beers, and lively homebrews. As an added bonus, the extended spout is ideal for filling growlers right from the faucet. In stock and ready to ship. Features: Made of chrome plated brass. Innovative flow control knob. Extended spout for easy growler fills. Forward seating for sanitation.

I really wish they made these in stainless.

The last time I spoke to Perlick about this they did not indicate any plans to bring out a stainless version. I believe the reason they don't is the cost. We sell these normally for $49.95 and if they made them in stainless they would probably be about $79.95. Perlick has been going up on their faucets constantly in the last two years. We love the faucets and sell a lot of them, but they are really proud of them. I am just not sure they would sell for the price Perlick would try to charge in stainless. Because they have raised their prices so much on the 525SS we actually sell a lot more of the 525PC faucets now. They work just as well as the SS, so most people just don't see any difference. Most people buy chrome shanks and tailpieces, so there is not much of an advantage to the stainless faucets if everything else in line is Chrome. I was one of the original testers of the 525PC and have one I have been using on my kegerator for over two years now and it has help up very well. I agree stainless is better, but a lot more people can afford to upgrade the the chrome forward seal than to the stainless.

Oh, I understand. I'd personally pay for 8 such faucets even at $80 each, but I know it may not be viable for them.

I've heard mixed reports on the chrome plated stuff. Many have said that the chrome starts flaking off (or something like that), and that they end up regretting not going with SS. I'm not sure what to think.

An SS version of these would be my top choice easily, but without those, I don't know whether to go with these, or if I should try to find 425SS faucets. :eek:

Do you ship to Canada?

I second that there should be a stainless steel version, but I probably won't upgrade anyway... I already have an all 575SS setup. I would love it if Perlick would make, say, a 595 faucet with the flow control AND the foaming functionality of the 575.

cinderbike said:
I second that there should be a stainless steel version, but I probably won't upgrade anyway... I already have an all 575SS setup. I would love it if Perlick would make, say, a 595 faucet with the flow control AND the foaming functionality of the 575.

That would indeed be awesome. Forgot about the creamer model. So I'm stuck between these flow control models, 425SS, or 575SS. Hell, I can say with absolute honesty that I'd actually pay $100 for 8 such hypothetical 595SS... And since this is all wishful thinking, I'll add that I'd pay even a bit more if they made it as a 400-series 495SS!

Maybe I should send Perlick an email, letting them know that there ARE real people who'd pay real money for an SS version of this, or even an ultra-premium version with the creamer functionality as well. I encourage anybody who would buy such a model at a realistic price to do the same.

Sorry for the *slightly* :off: threadjack. If you want me to delete any of these posts, just tell me which, and I'll be more than happy to.

That would indeed be awesome. Forgot about the creamer model. So I'm stuck between these flow control models, 425SS, or 575SS. Hell, I can say with absolute honesty that I'd actually pay $100 for 8 such hypothetical 595SS... And since this is all wishful thinking, I'll add that I'd pay even a bit more if they made it as a 400-series 495SS!

Maybe I should send Perlick an email, letting them know that there ARE real people who'd pay real money for an SS version of this, or even an ultra-premium version with the creamer functionality as well. I encourage anybody who would buy such a model at a realistic price to do the same.

Sorry for the *slightly* :off: threadjack. If you want me to delete any of these posts, just tell me which, and I'll be more than happy to.

We don't mind the discussion at all. I think it is good feedback. I am curious why you don't want the 525SS ? You mentioned the 425SS that they no longer make and the 575SS which is basically the same faucet as the 525SS without the flow control.

I know this is an old thread, but in the off chance that you have not purchased your taps yet, I would throw in that I haven't been happy with my 575SS at all. I have 4 525SS and 1 575SS. I wish I never bought the 575SS. The reason being:

A. I never have issues obtaining head on a beer. If anything, it's the opposite problem.
B. Guests who serve themselves are so accustomed to pushing back to stop a pour, that I regularly have people spilling beer all over the place. Heck, I do it myself sometimes.

When I purchased the 575 I thought that it would be useful. For my purposes, it causes more issues than it helps. Now flow control...that would be a whole different story. I really wish they made a flow control version in stainless...or better yet, a flow control add on between the shank and the faucet for those of us that already have our Perlicks.

I have 2 525ss, a 575ss, and a flow control on my 4 tap setup. While I do prefer stainless, the flow control is more than worth the sacrifice of it being plated chrome. No more d*cking with overfoaming, bottle filling, tubes, beer guns, nothing. Just some patience and the flow control and you're set.

Yesterday I ordered my 3rd Prlick Flow Control faucet and all the goodies to connect it properly. All from Kegconnection. Love this faucet.

I'm hoping the order gets here by Friday for my College graduation party on Saturday, but I'm not crossing my fingers. I should have planned that a tad better. Lol

I have 2 525ss, a 575ss, and a flow control on my 4 tap setup. While I do prefer stainless, the flow control is more than worth the sacrifice of it being plated chrome. No more d*cking with overfoaming, bottle filling, tubes, beer guns, nothing. Just some patience and the flow control and you're set.

I get that. I just can't go with chrome plated brass. The beers that I need flow restriction for are generally sour beers that I carbonate at a higher level. The pH of sour beers is considerably lower than what brass fittings are generally tested for (water above 6.5 pH), so I worry that I will end up with considerable corrosion and leaching of heavy metals into my beer.

It was mainly this study that spooked me. Beer poured from chrome plated brass faucets has been shown to have a much higher level of copper, lead and bacteria in it than beer poured from stainless steel faucets.

Back