What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almanac winter 2012 Winter Wit.

ForumRunner_20120418_205025.jpg

sneaky pete imperial ipa, weyerbacher blanche, rodenbach, cuvee des jacobins, ginger anise mead, and finally epa. i'm switching to vodka...

I had a North Peak Nomad Dry Cider, Arcadia's The Yard Session IPA, and Stone's Cali-Belgique tonight. An ecclectic mix, but tasty!

Today it is that........and this. Like the Lagunitas better than the Founders. Also had a Founders Dirty Bastard. Best Scotch Ale I've had so far.

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

First all grain batch and I screwed it up. Ended up ageing it for 3 months and called it a Barleywine. at 9.5 % it really turned out ok

Trying out the new (new to me) cans from the Austin TX Brewery Hops & Grain "Alt-eration"
Really enjoying it so far.

Alt-eration.png

Just pitched the yeast for a Kolsch,now enjoying a - -SmuttyNose,Gravitation 2011-

Gotta make tacos now,Momma`s hungry.
All in all a decent brewday,the only screwup was dropping
a thermometer in the kettle while cooling -DOPE-

:)

Hap and Harry's... When I'm in a pale lager mood, I can't get enough of this stuff... all-grain (Pilsner, Vienna, and Biscuit), 5.4%, Perle for bittering, Saaz for aroma, 14 IBU. May make a run at this when I do my next lager...

a70d362769b395804c69157b6b5cdf76_640x640.jpg

Very nice, Yazoo...

At a minor league baseball game drinking a michelob ultra. Don't judge me. Its that or Budweiser

Red Hook ESB, my Hefe, My stout (bottled 2 weeks ago. Still green, but coming along nicely.), and Big Sky IPA (one of my favorites).

Breckenridge/stranahans esb was very good. Love the taste of stranahan barrels.

My blood orange saison is pretty good, but ill use 3724 instead of 3711.

MrNic said:
My Imperial Chocolate Stout

I just sampled my double chocolate imperial stout. Its 5 months old now I was trying to wait for 6 but.had to make sure it came out how I imagined :) mine hit 13% how did yours come out?

I just sampled my double chocolate imperial stout. Its 5 months old now I was trying to wait for 6 but.had to make sure it came out how I imagined :) mine hit 13% how did yours come out?

It came out okay. The FG was really high, so it's a little too thick for me. It tastes alright though.

my first attempt at ofrey's brown ale kegged a week ago. Malt flavor is coming to the front but still a little flat on the carbonation only being kegged for a week.

It is worth doing again. Will use notty yeast and may switch to EKG hops.

happy Friday! First beer of the day was an Abita Jockamo IPA, not bad... lots of maltyness. Currently enjoying a Belgium wit i kegged a few weeks ago, what a great spring beer!

3 uncarbed samples from 3 brews that needed SG tests today. Stout has been aging for a year over oak chips and whiskey. Middle is a 1 month old tripel pitched with german yeast (wy1007) and the left is an IPA which has been on dry hops and cedar chips for a week today.

3cuppedsamples.jpg

The stout (~9% after fortification) is ready for bottles and spectacular, the Tripel (~8.7%) has some interesting flavors going on for a tripel, It has some sour properties going on, we will see what age does to it. Im going to give the IPA (5.6%) a few more days on the hops, all 3 have fermented out fully.

Back