Can I use a bong for a starter? :D

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how about this, why not smoke the yeast instead, hey even better inject it with a needle

sheesh you crazy people :p these hobbies shouldn't go together

Nice bong. I have a EHLE.
On a slightly more serious note - hops and cannabis belong to the same family - "someone" here needs to add some to their next brew.

A bong is essential to making a good starter. The preferred method is to dissolve 200 grams of DME in one liter of water. Use a saucepan for this step. When the DME is completely dissolved, pour into a two liter flask or something similar other than the bong. Add some Foam Control to the flask to reduce the boilover potential. Use a lot of it too! Now, load the bong and hit it at least three times within about the time it takes to bring the wort to a boil in the flask. Continue boiling for 10-15 minutes. Cool the flask in a pan of water or a sink. Be careful not to float the flask or it can tip over. Once cooled to below 80 F, you can pitch the yeast. Cool it to the lower fermentation temp if using lager yeast. Clean up the stove top before the boiled over wort dries to an epoxy like condition where it is near impossible to remove without using oven cleaner or something similar. This must be done before SHE returns home! Otherwise, there will be hell to pay.

Ok, man. This sounds like a great idea and all, but there are way too many steps to remember. Especially when I'm high. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...peanut butter

Nice bong. I have a EHLE.
On a slightly more serious note - hops and cannabis belong to the same family - "someone" here needs to add some to their next brew.

Gee, we've never heard, nor have the mods ever locked any threads like THAT before. :rolleyes:

Nor have I ever posted this sign before....(at least not this year, I believe.)

warninglabel41.jpg

:D

Is that what its is for, smoking?? I bought one just for starters. Shows you how naive I am.

Back