Storage Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
Id like to know and see some pics on how you all store and organize your supplies and beer, I cant believe how much room this stuff is taking up. I can store some stuff outdoors/shed/garage, but the beer has to keep at 70 degrees for bottle conditioning and same with the fermentors. My sanitizer and cleaner that I store in 6.5 gallon buckets cant go outside either, its below freezing. I might be better just dumping these after every use. :ban:

I store everything on metal shelving in my shop in my garage. As far as the sanitizer, are you making 6.5 gallons at a time. Try making only a gallon or so of the sanitizer. I use a spray bottle.. I mean you only need to hit the items your wort touches post boil..

All of my pots nest... that's one big space saver.
I built my brew station with a shelf under it that my pots and propane fit onto.
Right now, I have all my hoses, strainers, etc. in a large bin.
I'm hoping to find a metal drawer cabinet that can fit along side my brew station for refractometer, hydrometer, ph meter, keg fittings, o-rings, tools, etc.
This is all at my outdoor covered grill/kitchen.
I grill and brew year 'round. :)

I have a higher then average ceiling height in my garage so I put it to good use.

8360321475_9d7eac838c_z.jpg

8361380304_161d5791f1_z.jpg

8360318081_e507200b33_z.jpg

Here's the old printer stand repurposed as a fermenter stand/storage unit. Empty bottles in the corner boxes. Full bottled batches on the right;
http://

here is the storage area off of my deck in my apartment, 2 keggle electric brewing system. with my fermentation fridge and pretty much all of my brewing stuff except for my bottles and kegging, thats all in the dining room.

%5BUNSET%5D

I store all equipment in the garage. I have not made the jump to all grain yet so my equipment isn't too much. Store finished beer in a big Tupperware tote in my closet(my side so it isn't in the wifes way) Sometimes I stack totes.

I've had difficulty finding a way to store my homebrew equipment so I don't have to haul it up from the basement every time--just hauling stuff adds probably 20 minutes to the brew day.

I wanted a way to store it all in the garage but in an enclosed space; I don't want creepy-crawlies in my stuff, I don't want flies depositing fly specs on my stuff (such as a spoon or mash paddle hanging on a hook). Further, I was limited in where I could store stuff, so just building cabinets was pretty much out.

I stumbled across this item at Sam's Club and was stunned at what it cost (or didn't, as the case may be). It's a 6-foot tall by 3-foot wide by 18-inches deep stainless rolling cabinet; it has a key lock on it, the wheels are very sizeable so it rolls easy. Here's the shocker: $209. I'd been looking at enclosed garage cabinetry at Menards and similar things cost much more and weren't as usable (typically being too shallow in depth, like 12" or 15").

This one is large enough to hold my 8-gallon brew kettle, my King Kooker burner, another kettle, my immersion cooler, a large toolbox, smaller containers, a 1-gallon pitcher, my spoon, paddle, and strainer, and even my Mark II corny keg washer (it fits on the top shelf, not shown because I'm using it. :) ). The shelves are adjustable, and held in place by heavy-duty brackets.

I have a small space I can roll this into, out of the way, sealed up nicely, and all I need to do is roll this baby out and everything is right there. It doesn't hold the fermenters but I keep them in the basement, and that's OK.

You have to assemble the cabinet--took me a couple of hours--but the quality is really very high for the price. What makes this so much better than the other options I had is the 18-inch depth. I still have lots of room for other stuff if I need to include it such as kegging hardware and such, and could even store stuff in the kettles.

cabinet1.jpg

cabinet2.jpg

Wow, that looks like an awesome cabinet. Nice score!

And it's stainless not aluminum?
Either way it's a good looking cabinet.

I do e-BIAB and store my stuff in the garage. The beer, hops, and yeast stay in the kegerator, the rest of the stuff is either on a Costo SS shelving unit or on a cart.

Shelf.jpg

Cart'.jpg

Grain.jpg

I've had difficulty finding a way to store my homebrew equipment so I don't have to haul it up from the basement every time--just hauling stuff adds probably 20 minutes to the brew day.

I wanted a way to store it all in the garage but in an enclosed space; I don't want creepy-crawlies in my stuff, I don't want flies depositing fly specs on my stuff (such as a spoon or mash paddle hanging on a hook). Further, I was limited in where I could store stuff, so just building cabinets was pretty much out.

I stumbled across this item at Sam's Club and was stunned at what it cost (or didn't, as the case may be). It's a 6-foot tall by 3-foot wide by 18-inches deep stainless rolling cabinet; it has a key lock on it, the wheels are very sizeable so it rolls easy. Here's the shocker: $209. I'd been looking at enclosed garage cabinetry at Menards and similar things cost much more and weren't as usable (typically being too shallow in depth, like 12" or 15").

This one is large enough to hold my 8-gallon brew kettle, my King Kooker burner, another kettle, my immersion cooler, a large toolbox, smaller containers, a 1-gallon pitcher, my spoon, paddle, and strainer, and even my Mark II corny keg washer (it fits on the top shelf, not shown because I'm using it. :) ). The shelves are adjustable, and held in place by heavy-duty brackets.

I have a small space I can roll this into, out of the way, sealed up nicely, and all I need to do is roll this baby out and everything is right there. It doesn't hold the fermenters but I keep them in the basement, and that's OK.

You have to assemble the cabinet--took me a couple of hours--but the quality is really very high for the price. What makes this so much better than the other options I had is the 18-inch depth. I still have lots of room for other stuff if I need to include it such as kegging hardware and such, and could even store stuff in the kettles.

View attachment 353440

View attachment 353441

Just thought I would share.......

https://www.sevilleclassics.com/ultra_hd

Someone here has this cart for their mill stand.

I plan on loading up (hopefully) in the next month or two. I plan on turning a portion of my garage into a dedicated brewery and items from Seville and Webstaurant (stainless tables, sinks) will be my sources.

Just thought I would share.......

https://www.sevilleclassics.com/ultra_hd

Someone here has this cart for their mill stand.

I plan on loading up (hopefully) in the next month or two. I plan on turning a portion of my garage into a dedicated brewery and items from Seville and Webstaurant (stainless tables, sinks) will be my sources.

Looks like good stuff! Let us know how yours turns out.
Ed

Back